Thread: $3500 to spend give or take, any sugg?

User Info Menu

Question $3500 to spend give or take, any sugg?

i recently got into the electric side of things, bought a cheap electric set after owning a 7 pc DW, with kiddos i dig being able to play through headphones and have integrated it into recording with my band, just lacks ummm EVERYTHING lol... gonna have around 3500 to spend and am leaning towards a roland set and thinking about adding a few pieces after the purchase, since i'm stuck out in BFE with no real music store in the area i guess i'm looking to you guys for some suggestions, thanks for any feedback

User Info Menu

Default Re: $3500 to spend give or take, any sugg?

Do like I did cause I live pretty far away from a music store too. Browse the internet online music stores to see what they have to offer and read alot of reviews etc. Most online stores will deliver to your home for free that is if you trust these stores but most have reputations. I ordered a 4 pce drum kit from an online store and it was like 40% cheaper than any music shop closest to me and they delivered with no added cost and I was a little skeptical at first but once I received my goods I was surprised at how well packed the shipment was with no damage and no regrets. I would do it again. Good luck and for that amount of money that you want to spend you will get a great deal during this recession.

User Info Menu

Yeah I also agree with hobbes1 to check the ekits section of this forum.

User Info Menu

A world of options are open to you! Personally I think my main two plans of action would be to get something like a more affordable td-8 or 9 and just add onto it. OR, instead of doing that you'd have a very large budget towards an A/E kit and get the best of both worlds. If you use an existing kit to do this, then you save that much more money.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

yeah after checking out rolands new line i think i will go after the 15kv, just wish i could add more than two aftermarket pieces, thanks for the input guys, anyone played the 15kv?

User Info Menu

another ? anyone know what bass pedal and hi-hat stand the 15kv come with?

User Info Menu

I think roland has pretty good equipment but the sounds are lacking. You might look into a VST setup, if you put together your own e-drums and have a laptop you could do it for much less than $3500. 2Box has also been getting some positive write ups on Vdrums.com for the quality of their sounds and the ability to record and add your own sounds.