Thread: Live Triggering with Drumagog 5! Hi Hat Questions..?

User Info Menu

Default Live Triggering with Drumagog 5! Hi Hat Questions..?

Hi guys! I just got Drumagog 5 platinum to trigger my acoustic to electronic drum set. It works really good so far but now I'm having a bit of a struggle with Hi-Hat control. I just bought a Yamaha HH65 Hi Hat Controller but I think it's not working the way I supposed. Is there any way I can get this pedal to work through drumagog? I've tried to plug it line in in my Presonus Firepod but there's no audio signal I can trigger at all. How could I make this work with Drumagog 5?

Is there any other vst software that can be used just as a drum module like a Alesis Trigger I/O or something?

Thanks a lot guys!

hobbes1 Guest

Default Re: Live Triggering with Drumagog 5! Hi Hat Questions..?

I am looking in to doing something along these lines and also have a Firepod.
    DSPTrigger was a plugin recommended to me that converts the signal from the drum trigger to midi for the VSTi to use. good luck.

User Info Menu

THanks for the suggestion but it doesn't support hi hat controllers! :(

I really have to find a way to make this work :P

Anyone else?

User Info Menu

I heard someone has been able to use a sustain keyboard pedal hooked to a keyboard that is wired through midi and then triggered by a vsti. I've tried to plug my yamaha hh65 pedal in my yamaha psr-293 sustain input but it does nothing at all. No midi signal and the don't work as a sustain pedal :(

User Info Menu

What input on your module/interface is the hh controller plugged into? If it's in the hh controller in and nothing's responding, try a few different cables to determine if it's a dead cable. They can sometimes get stepped on in a messy space, and this can kill them quickly. I recommend using twist-ties to keep the area cleaned up and organized, but that's a seperate issue. Test your other cables in that input and see if anything changes. If not, then the hh controller might be incompatible with the module/interface.
    Last edited by Russ; 05-12-2012 at 07:56 AM.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I was hoping getting some signal through direct line in but I think that hi hat pedals are not working like that. Then I tried to use a plugin like DSPTrigger to convert the signal to MIDI but once again no MIDI data are retreived.

:( ?!?

User Info Menu

Ok I'm trying something new today! I have a Yamaha PSR-293 keyboard and I just bought a sustain pedal in order to use it as a hi hat controller. When I press the pedal in Cubase/Superior Drummer 2.0 I see that midi signal is received but I can't assign it to a sound? I try the learn button but nothing...

Do you guys know how I could solve this issue?

Thanks a lot!