Thread: DrumChat on MySpace

User Info Menu

Default DrumChat on MySpace

I just noticed the DrumChat group in my profile and noticed there are only 7 members..... hmmmm..... the MySpace group to DrumChat forum ratio is weak lol.
    Whoever is on MySpace should definately join the group. thankyou

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

????? Whatchu talking 'bout?
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

there's a drumchat group on myspace? when did this happen?
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

this is news too me
    since when have we had one?
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

Well geez guys, keep informed much? lol

User Info Menu

haha..i remember i made that and drummer got pissed off or something

User Info Menu

so, someone link to it already and we'll make it semi-official
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michiganice View Post
    haha..i remember i made that and drummer got pissed off or something
    You've done quite a lot of things in here that have pissed us off. Why you're still here, I'm not sure. You seem to tread on thin ice (no pun intended).

You did not ask for permission to start a MySpace drumchat site and that's why we said no. You can't just assume a name and then throw up a website. That would be like saying, "I'm going to create DWdrums at MySpace and call myself DW. It's not your intellectual property nor right to do so.

Furthermore, I asked you to take it down and you haven't. Why not?
    Last edited by drummer; 07-19-2007 at 09:52 AM.

User Info Menu

someone going to the principles office

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    You've done quite a lot of things in here that have pissed us off. Why you're still here, I'm not sure. You seem to tread on thin ice (no pun intended).

You did not ask for permission to start a MySpace drumchat site and that's why we said no. You can't just assume a name and then throw up a website. That would be like saying, "I'm going to create DWdrums at MySpace and call myself DW. It's not your intellectual property nor right to do so.

Furthermore, I asked you to take it down and you haven't. Why not?
    I have to say drummer, in mich's defense, he has been on his best behavior.

User Info Menu

In Drummer's defense, he's right. Drum chat is trade marked!(Or should be)
    Sorry you can't get anything better than a ten-year-olds defense.

User Info Menu

You're both right. Ice, is in fact doing much better. He gets under my skin now and then and I actually thought I might have been a bit harsh after posting that. He isn't breaking any rules and he's a major contributor to the forum... so sorry MI. You do need to take that MySpace site down though. I thought it was already down. What's the url?

DrumChat is owned by Drum Bum and intellectual property is by law, trademarked by default under "first use" trademark law. I was informed of this and many other things when I first started working with Drum Bum.

User Info Menu

Yeah, it's pretty serious territory here, MI. Don't want to have legal problems, because we like you here, bro.!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Out of respect, the group on MySpace doesn't really relate to DrumChat other than that it's called the DrumChat group lol. It's no different then if everyone on DrumChat friend requested one another, just made easier by specifying the number of members that also use MySpace. Maybe even to find out about each other on a more personal note... Think about it, Drummer, I do believe Drum Chick is on lol just kidding

User Info Menu

32, it's not only about intellectual property, it's about respect. It's just not cool to take something and call it your own. It goes on a lot these days in this generation but it still isn't right. Just like downloading free songs from Napster. People were justifying it right and left but if you were the artist you would know that it was wrong. You don't want it done to you and you shouldn't do it to them.

This was brought up before by (I believe) Roaddebris, but your ability to post on this board is a privledge not a right. You can't just do anything you want here, including take the members of this group (called "recruitment") and lead them elsewhere. It's not within your right, nor was permission given (no one even asked), and it is against our policy. Just because some other forums are more lenient with their rules does not mean that's acceptable practice at every forum you go to .
    Last edited by drummer; 07-19-2007 at 10:15 PM.

User Info Menu

Ice, I won't debate this in here. PM me if you want to discuss it further. Take it down now or you will be banned from the forum. You stole the image, never asked permission to represent the group, and I asked you months ago to remove it and you never did. This is the last straw.

User Info Menu

not trying to be rude or anything..but where is the drumchat logo copywritten?

User Info Menu

michiganice, i dont want to sound rude either but maybe you should take it down out of respect for the website that you are a part of and drummers request

User Info Menu

or just take the logo down..and make up your own. i am sure you will get people joining

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michiganice View Post
    not trying to be rude or anything..but where is the drumchat logo copywritten?
    That's it. End of the road. I asked you to PM me. You did not. Instead, you continue to challenge me.

Fellow Drum Chat members, I know this might upset some of you but those that were'nt here in the beginning days didn't see what transpired before. MichiganIce is continually rude, defiant, and pushes the limits in here. I've tried to work with him and even allowed him in after he was banned the first time. Although he calmed a bit, he has no respect for authority, the rights of other's property, or understanding of diplomacy. He has had more than enough chances to get it together. I don't have time to babysit. I'm here to enforce the rules of this forum and keep it a place where respectable people hang out. If you want to be a punk, go somewhere else. I've got no tolerance for it.