Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hannah Ford

User Info Menu

Default Hannah Ford

The new vid from Bellevue Suite featuring Hannah Ford.

Drums... That's how I roll!

http://facebook.com/davewilson831

The Gretsch Drums Woodshed

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hannah Ford

Hadn't heard it before. Like.

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting Dave.

It`s good to discover new bands and a drummer i haven't heard before but that was so boring my monitor decided to switch itself off in protest.The song started off badly and got steady worse.!That rapping bloke was really awful and quite irritating to boot.The drumming was nondescript (yes i have been looking up big words in the dictionary) mite as well be just banging dustbin lids together in the background for all it added to that song.

She is pretty but as far as listening to anymore of her or Bellevue Suite is concerned i will give it a miss.The top bands have a certain something that keeps people listening which Bellevue Suite lacks,in my humble opinion anyway.

Not wanting to be totally negative and to misquote Timbuk3..i hope their future's so bright,i gotta wear shades.
    Last edited by Balanced for lean; 05-12-2012 at 06:24 PM.

User Info Menu

Ford rocks!!! Woohoo! Girl power.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

She does rock, Russ. I've seen her in other videos and she is very talented.

User Info Menu

*sorry kennabis, but the beginning of the video had a commerical tie-in to a drum shop, so the Forum Rules prohibit it. You're welcome to post a different one. - PB*

if you ask a drummer what time it is?!? they're likely to respond with a time signature "oh, it's 4/4"....

User Info Menu

^Anyone notice her eyeshadow matches the finish on her drums? Has a turquoise kinda fade to it, almost like she dressed to match the kit intentionally. What a great performer!
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    ^Anyone notice her eyeshadow matches the finish on her drums? Has a turquoise kinda fade to it, almost like she dressed to match the kit intentionally. What a great performer!
    I really can`t decide if your being sarcastic or not.

Yes that`s almost unbelievable...i don`t know how she did that.Her drumsticks aren't too far off the same shade of the wood frame behind her...uncanny.!No ordinary person could have done that..my money is on witchcraft.I wouldn't mind emailing her to ask about this weeks lottery numbers.

Meytal Cohen and LUX who do covers on Youtube are far more interesting although they don`t try and match their clothes with their drums so some of you may be disappointed.

I managed to say all that without any leg pulling or sarcasm.Life is indeed sweet.

User Info Menu

Outstanding!

User Info Menu

Ther lady can play. How she would rank with other drummers is hard to say, but I would be willing to bet that there are a lot of male drummers out there that can't touch her.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    I think the only reason she is as popular as she is is because she's a hot chic. She's a good drummer, not great, I've seen nothing from her that has made me say, Wow, or even made me think, I need to learn that.

That version of stratus was one of the worst I've heard. I only gave it 3 minutes but that was enough ZZZZZZzzZZZZZZzZZZZzzz.....

Maybe you need to look at some of her other videos. I'm not saying she's great, but she can play.

User Info Menu

There are a lot of lady drummers out there that get absolutely no credit for their ability.

The fact that some are quite good looking seems to give guys a way to write them off. That they get noticed because of that.

The looks may open the door for some, but if you can't play, the back door opens quickly.

In the past couple of years, some of the more interesting things I've heard have come from the ladies.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There are a lot of lady drummers out there that get absolutely no credit for their ability.

The fact that some are quite good looking seems to give guys a way to write them off. That they get noticed because of that.

The looks may open the door for some, but if you can't play, the back door opens quickly.

In the past couple of years, some of the more interesting things I've heard have come from the ladies.
    Absolutely. Right on the money with that comment.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Truth be spoken! It seems like for the most part only males are known more for their accomplishments in this area, but it's great when someone like Ford or Capplette comes along and humbles everyone. Kind of a reminder that a good drummer is a good drummer, irrespective of gender - and sometimes even age.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I had the pleasure of booking Hannah for a local clinc where she played on one of my kits. I've also caught her in clinic a couple of other times as well as a show with Bellevue Suite. She IS THE REAL DEAL. Another thing to know is that she is great to deal with, very humble, and appreciative of the opportunities that she has.

Here she is on my Gretsch USA kit.

I saw her do a joint clinic with Giovanno Higaldo and she held her own.

-Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Man, she is beautiful and has chops....can't complain about that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    Absolutely. Right on the money with that comment.
    I totally agree. I had a female drum teacher that was an excellent drummer. I went to see her play quite a few times, and she was always rock solid. She had good chops, great feel, and made everything look so easy. She's also accomplished in other areas of music as well (she co-wrote a hit Country song). She's also nice looking, and has a great personality. But it's a good ol' boy network out there, and it's been pretty hard on her. She doesn't get the accolades that she deserves, even though she has played with some pretty big names over the years.

Dave, I appreciate you keeping us up to date on Hannah Ford. IMHO she's someone that should be noticed.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post

Can't argue with that.

User Info Menu

That is one beautiful smile right there! I love any and all chicks that do music (as in play an instrument)

all the best...

User Info Menu

Thanks Dave. It's just a pleasure watching her play.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Met Hannah in person and she was really sweet and of course a great talent. I asked to get a picture with her at the Chicago Drum show, a couple years back, from the gentleman she was walking with not knowing until later it was Fred Gretsch! I understand she also studied with Ruben Alvarez who was a former teacher of mine too. Ruben is an incredible latin percussionist, drummer and teacher.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 09-17-2012 at 11:53 PM.

User Info Menu

She's more talented and more fluid than a lot of the famous drummers mentioned on this forum, IMO. She just doesn't bash away on the snare with a bunch of blast beats and cymbals crashes.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Watch out Hanna ... Might have two creepy guys Stalking your every move .. Just kidding guys .. But seriously your creepy

User Info Menu

Hannah Ford on drums.....
    Drums... That's how I roll!

http://facebook.com/davewilson831

The Gretsch Drums Woodshed