Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crush Acrylic snare on the way

User Info Menu

Default Crush Acrylic snare on the way

I just snagged a 13x7 Crush Acrylic snare off E-bay. I'm seriously considering getting an entire kit as the new shipments will be in on the 22nd. If I like the snare I will most likely be picking up a full kit. I'll post my impressions of the snare when it arrives.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Crush Acrylic snare on the way

Please do. That's a great size, IMO. I'm interested to hear your take on it. I'd love to pick up the same drum if it sounds good.

Is it clear? Does Crush make colors?

User Info Menu

Sweet! Looking forward to your pics and review.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Please do. That's a great size, IMO. I'm interested to hear your take on it. I'd love to pick up the same drum if it sounds good.

Is it clear? Does Crush make colors?
    According to their website, it seems clear is the only available option.
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

Been very intrigued by these kits, and look forward to a review of the snare!
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    According to their website, it seems clear is the only available option.
    Thanks. I'm too lazy to go look.

This reminds me that I want an acrylic kit. Starclassic Mirage, perhaps.

User Info Menu

Yeah, word is Crush is supposed to be releasing some colored acrylics later in the year, but I've not been able to confirm that with them. The reason I'm interested in Crush is the price. They are much lower priced then the Ludwig acrylic's are.

If I like the snare I'm going to pick up a 6 piece shell pack:
    8x7, 10x7, 12x8 toms with tom holders. 14x13 , 16x14 floor toms with legs. and a 22x18 kick. Price $1325.00 A 4 piece Ludwig Acrylic kit is going for $2400.00 to $3200.00

User Info Menu

Wow that is a great price ... What shell thickness?

User Info Menu

I'd hold off for awhile if I were you. Give it a good amount of time to road test this drum, because I hear mixed reviews about Crush's acrylic sets.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I'd hold off for awhile if I were you. Give it a good amount of time to road test this drum, because I hear mixed reviews about Crush's acrylic sets.
    I've only heard good about them. What are you hearing?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    I've only heard good about them. What are you hearing?
    One post made here had me concerned:
    http://www.drumchat.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=40

It might be nothing, and hopefully that is the case - but it worries me to know that report came from somewhere and thus must have happened to someone. It may be a good kit to get, all i'm saying is wait awhile and give it a road test before dropping well over $1000 on a relatively new product.
    Last edited by Russ; 05-13-2012 at 08:36 AM.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    Wow that is a great price ... What shell thickness?
    They are seamless Acrylic shells, not sure how thick they are. I'll let you know when my snare gets here.

User Info Menu

Sounds like a pretty good deal. The only acrylic drum I have is a custom made 8" effects snare that I have on the left of my kit (that's right, diameter, not depth.....I was looking for a high pitched snare for a hip-hop sort of sound, well that's my excuse for a crazy size anyway). Custom made in black acrylic for me by a friend of mine, got him to put some Ludwig lugs on it to match the Ludwig Classic rack toms on my main set. I bet you'll have a lot of fun with the sound of your snare, with it's size, it won't be as limited in it's tuning range as I find with mine (of course). I will say this.....it's definitely different from the sound you get from wood, steel, brass or aluminium. It is it's own character as a shell material. See how you go with it, but I love mine anyway.
    Last edited by Drumbledore; 05-13-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

ive read great reviews of Crush.
    13X7 will definitely give you a different sound

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    One post made here had me concerned:
    http://www.drumchat.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=40

It might be nothing, and hopefully that is the case - but it worries me to know that report came from somewhere and thus must have happened to someone. It may be a good kit to get, all i'm saying is wait awhile and give it a road test before dropping well over $1000 on a relatively new product.
    Russ, Maybe this will set your mind at ease. As I said in the post you referenced I got some info from a local crush dealer that there were problems with the shells cracking. That dealer also told me because of this they cut ties with crush. Well that appears to not be the case. Below is the response I got from crush when I asked about the shells cracking:

"Hey Joe,

We do not have any problems with the Acrylic Series cracking. We have recently closed business with a dealer in Maine because business did not pan out. Unfortunately, you are being given false information, quite possibly because we closed that business. I don't want you to confirm who this dealer was, as we don't like to get involved with this kind of activity. To be very direct, because we have been in a backorder status for a while, we haven't even shipped a single Acrylic kit to any dealer in Maine to date.

One of our core values includes preventing the delivery of products that aren't up to snuff. Our failure rates are way below industry standard. And we intend to maintain that indefinitely.

The only cracking we have had reported so far was shipping damage and an occasional defect (which happens from time to time in mass production, but of course we gladly remedy immediately).

You probably already know that all acrylic will crack (including vintage and international brands) over long periods of time and it can be dealt with easily. But we are talking a decades, not months. We will definitely shoot anyone straight on that subject.

If I can answer any more questions, please feel free to hit me back. We thank you wholeheartedly for emailing us and showing interest our drums!

Best,

--
    Mike Swenson"

User Info Menu

Good deal man, great professional response. Seems like it might have just been a misunderstanding, but they took steps to assure their customer base that they don't do any business they can regardless of it. I like that man, it does put my mind at ease a little bit. I'd still like to hear back from other owners of it for awhile first, but i'm a little less skeptical. Thanks for taking the time to get the response and post it. Very helpful!
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

New companies usually put their best products forward because they are trying to make name for themselves. Unfortunately the internet has more miss information than information.

User Info Menu

I just tracked the snare should be here next Monday. He shipped it snail mail USPS.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    I just tracked the snare should be here next Monday. He shipped it snail mail USPS.

User Info Menu

cripes.
    i hate when that happens

User Info Menu

Good deal! It's probably just taking a bit longer because of backorder or the weekend.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

My snare arrived today. I just got home from work soI haven't tried it out yet, however the drum looks to be very well made. Nice looking lugs and throw off. The shell is beautiful. Stock heads look a bit cheap, so I'll be replacing them. Once I get it tuned up and play it for a while I'll come back with more info. If it sounds as good as it looks it will be tough not to buy a whole kit of these.

User Info Menu

Can't wait for the pics! Congrats!

User Info Menu

Pic's

User Info Menu

^^Sweet!!