Thread: Evans EC Reversed Dot Snare Batter Head

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Evans EC Reversed Dot Snare Batter Head

wow..that's a mouthful ...anyway, my friend sold me his old drumset a while back, and the snare had one of these bad boys on it...and I must say...it really has a nice crack to it...and it's one of (if not) the most durable heads I've ever used...I constantly whale on this thing (I do a lot of snare stuff ) and there's hardly a scratch on it...and it tunes really easily...so if you're looking for a new snare head, look no farther

p.s.
    it looks cool too lol
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the review, Eggman!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

drums-rock Guest

i might buy it only if the egg approves tho

User Info Menu

i played one of these on a ludwig vistalite snare recently. i usually dont like these kinds of heads, but on the acrylic it sounded great. lots of bottom end and eliminated the overtones just enuff for that particular drum.

User Info Menu

im thinking about getting this drum head, my stock head sounds worse then ever now, because i tightened it real bad and then loosened it, now its a stretched peice o' crap

User Info Menu

the ec2 and ec reverse dot combo will work great on your kit. it will give more of that sound thats in your head, especially from behind the kit.
    finding the right head for YOU may take awhile. it can take years for most. most people cant just go out and buy another set of heads if the ones they just bought dont suit them. they wind up messing with the tuning and making them work for a few months or more and then try something new. it can take several trys to find the right sound. so be patient and keep an open mind. i think this combo is a good place to start. it will give you all the muffling in the world and still maintain some tone. from there you can figure if you want a little more open sound, perhaps a little warmer with less stick attack...ect. but either way they will NOT sound like crap, at least not if tuned well. these types of heads are also easier for me to tune than the coated 1 ply i usually use.

User Info Menu

awsome funky, i think im gonna go for these sets of heads, I guess the 1 ply super kick would do well for me huh? since im in a basement.. or would it be the other way around?

User Info Menu

I think this head comes on the Tama metalworks and artwood custom snares. along with the evans reso 300
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Evans EC Reversed Dot Snare Batter Head

i tried an experiment and bought every snare batter head i could imagine one month, and thoroughly tested each of them. this one just has volume, crack, and durability that exceeds my expectations of what a drum could ever sound like. having this head on my snare totally warped it from a bad head into the voice of reason. i give it my stamp of approval indefinitely