Thread: 32nd notes

User Info Menu

Default 32nd notes

does anyone have a hard time doing 32nd notes on the hi-hat? (with 2 hands), not necessarily the speed, but getting the bass and snare on the right notes and stuff? i do i cant very complex foot paterns with fast 32nds

User Info Menu

It's tough to learn because you are hitting the snare now with your right hand. It took me a little time when I first started to try it. get comfortable doing simple kick stuff, then do fills, THEN when you can do that stuff without really thinking about it, try adding some more complexity to you kick.

User Info Menu

well regardless wheather its fast 32nd with 2 hands or fast 32nds with one hand i find it hard because its just such a fast beat. thanks el gotta start simple

User Info Menu

I'm getting used to it. Doing notes like that gives me a lot of independence so I will practice it some more...when I first started it, my bass drum foot went crazy and started mirroring my right arm, now it's more controlled.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Well, this is my specialty lol.
    Different foot patterns become easier during 32nds if you use just one hand on the hi hat. If you want to use two, you should practice cutting your beats with your left hand to make it sound more complex and not so easy. I'm trying to get a video explaining different ways of using 32nds up.

-32 lol
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Its not hard in slow tempos. But in fast tempos it can get real tricky.

User Info Menu

i love 32nd notes, they sound their best at higher speeds but you got to crawl before you can walk so thats what im doing now with them.

User Info Menu

very true livewire