View Poll Results: What Drum Heads do you like best? (big 3)

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remo

46 45.54%
  • Evans

51 50.50%
  • Aquarian

21 20.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Whats Your favorite drum head?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Whats Your favorite drum head?

Duraline were those woven yellow heads that sounded all right,but would never seat right and pull to one side or another.
    Liked Compo heads too,but they came and went quite fast.

User Info Menu

I think the DW heads sound and feel great. They also look rather cool, and Neil Peart uses them so double bonus. Made by remo!

Anyone use them on non DW kits?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by littlestrummerBOY View Post
    I think the DW heads sound and feel great. They also look rather cool, and Neil Peart uses them so double bonus. Made by remo!

Anyone use them on non DW kits?
    I heard that they're just emperors (or ambassadors) just with some muffling. And yes they do look great!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I've been using Remo for almost my entire drumming life, but currently use the Evans heads that came on my Starclassic Maple and they are just fine. They both offer exactly the same variety of heads.

I will say though, if I knew nothing about either brands lineup of heads and was coming in with a fresh perspective, I would say that the Evans seem to be easier to understand because of how they name them. Using a G1 for the resonant head and G2 on a batter is easier to remember than say a Diplomat on the reso and Emperor or Pinstripes on the batter.

User Info Menu

I use coated Aquarian single plys on the snare and toms and Super Kick 1 (batter) and Regulator (front) on the bass.
    Life's too short to play the same solo twice. Improvise!