Thread: Free Drumless Tracks?

User Info Menu

Default Free Drumless Tracks?

I've had a look around and found a couple of sites that offer free drumless tracks, both of existing published songs and melodies in various genres.

Does anyone know of a site that offers free drumless track melodies in various genres? Thanks for any help

DrumLess Tracks
    Currently: Black Pearl Export Signature 8-Piece
    22" Bass Drum x2
    10" Rack Tom
    12" Rack Tom
    13" Rack Tom
    14" Floor Tom
    16" Floor Tom
    13" Sig Snare

Paiste Cymbals
    Alpha 14" Hats
    Alpha 17" Rock Crash
    Alpha 19" Rock Crash
    Alpha 20" Metal Ride
    Alpha 18" China

Zildjian 22" Amir Medium Impulse Ride (1980s)

Cajon
    Meinl Makah Burl

User Info Menu

Default Re: Free Drumless Tracks?

i've been looking for some for years and gave up man cause there are none unless you pay for them. There are all kinds of free ones if you play guitar etc but not for drums. I would just play a song you like over and over till you figure out the beats. that is the only advise I have for you. Good luck

User Info Menu

I guess that would depend on if you want them legal or not. Lol

User Info Menu

I recommend we keep references "legal" on this site.

User Info Menu

If you are into video games you can rent or buy the Rockband game and set it to practice mode, with the drum module connected start the song in practice mode but do not hit any pads. Connect the Right and Left audio out to your PC and you can record the track without the drums. I have about 150 songs on my PC.

User Info Menu

http://faststrings.com/drumless-backing-tracks.html here are a lot of free drumless tracks, you only need to register before you can download them.

User Info Menu

Downloading them now. At 400mb a piece, it's a pretty huge archive.
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

Thanks KevinVanRillaer I found that site too yesterday after a bit of digging, that's a huge list. Definitely one to DL and keep handy.

Pearl MCX Man, yeah I noticed there's quite a few sites that have them but they're not free. If I find any drumless songs/backing tracks I'll be sure to post them here.

NPYYZ, That'd be a brilliant idea but only if I had Rock Band to begin with, its a lot to fork out for tracks. Thank you though, that'd be something to remember for the future
    Currently: Black Pearl Export Signature 8-Piece
    22" Bass Drum x2
    10" Rack Tom
    12" Rack Tom
    13" Rack Tom
    14" Floor Tom
    16" Floor Tom
    13" Sig Snare

Paiste Cymbals
    Alpha 14" Hats
    Alpha 17" Rock Crash
    Alpha 19" Rock Crash
    Alpha 20" Metal Ride
    Alpha 18" China

Zildjian 22" Amir Medium Impulse Ride (1980s)

Cajon
    Meinl Makah Burl

User Info Menu

I downloaded it unto my computer and I am having a hard time with it. I keep getting weird messages when I want to use it. Maybe I am not computer inclined so I will delete it and hope some of you guys have better luck than I did.

User Info Menu

I finally finished downloading them. Once I extracted the files, they all seem to play just fine. I'm excited to try the Dream Theater tracks. They sound amazing compared to some of the others in that archive.
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

Pretty cool. But takes a long time to download each part, about 45 minutes if you want them for free and there are 10 parts. Whoa!! Anybody else do this yet? And if you happen to cancel the download accidentally you have to wait 2 hours or more to download again. Better off just buying drumless tracks.
    Last edited by drumsetsnide; 06-01-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumsetsnide View Post
    Pretty cool. But takes a long time to download each part, about 45 minutes if you want them for free and there are 10 parts. Whoa!! Anybody else do this yet? And if you happen to cancel the download accidentally you have to wait 2 hours or more to download again. Better off just buying drumless tracks.
    Was it worth the time to download. I mean is there something interesting in there. I was gonna download the whole thing but then my intenrnet charges me for downloading big files. This is how my charges are up to 3G 35.00, 5G 40.00 and up to 10G is 55.00 and then another 10.00 per G over the 10 and I think this is a rip off but I don't know if that is how it works out of Canada.

User Info Menu

I'm in Canada too. I'm with Teksavvy on the unlimited plan. Since these songs are freely available, I don't think it would be unreasonable to re-share them as single files if people want only a few tracks from the archive. Maybe I can help some of you guys out.
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    I'm in Canada too. I'm with Teksavvy on the unlimited plan. Since these songs are freely available, I don't think it would be unreasonable to re-share them as single files if people want only a few tracks from the archive. Maybe I can help some of you guys out.
    I see you live in Ottawa so you got cable connections. I live north in the middle of nowhere and I use Rogers Hub so that could be why it cost me more to download files. I was just being curious by downloading but it got complicated so now I am not interested in it anymore. thanks for offering.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 06-01-2012 at 01:47 PM.

User Info Menu

Google music4drums and you should find a site that has a pretty good library of drumless tracks. As far as free goes, that's one of your best bets.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Thanks Russ will check that out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Was it worth the time to download. I mean is there something interesting in there. I was gonna download the whole thing but then my intenrnet charges me for downloading big files. This is how my charges are up to 3G 35.00, 5G 40.00 and up to 10G is 55.00 and then another 10.00 per G over the 10 and I think this is a rip off but I don't know if that is how it works out of Canada.
    I live in New York (upstate). There are no additional charges for downloading big files. To answer your question, no, I didn't find it worth the download time. I started downloading the first part and it said the download time was 1 hour and 5 min so I stopped it. It seems as though there are some good tracks but I'm not gonna download them.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Google music4drums and you should find a site that has a pretty good library of drumless tracks. As far as free goes, that's one of your best bets.
    Thanks Russ. I will give it a shot.
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro

User Info Menu

Hey Russ, I googled what you said and didn't see what I was looking for. music4drums is just a forum and there are links to drumless music books with cd's but they cost anywhere from $10 to $15 each for 10 to 12 songs.
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro

User Info Menu

I just finished downloading the last of the 10 files, yesterday. The quality is great and the list is huge. I was a bit disappointed as there were only 924 songs, not 1100 like the site claims. Oh well. Pretty cool none the less.
    Drummer for Almondy Brown and Redeemer Church of Lakeland | Session Artist | Private Instructor
    Facebook.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Instagram.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Twitter.com/PerryEarlDrums
    AlmondyBrown.com

User Info Menu

I found one site called rapidshare.com, i downloaded some dave weckl tracks
    DW Remo Vic Firth Zidljian