Thread: Double Bass Pedals

User Info Menu

Default Double Bass Pedals

TWO BASS PEDALS!? What kind of madness is this?

Alright, I know I might have said earlier that I don't like double bass pedals...but after evaluating and using the one I have at the moment, I've found out that I love it, hmm.
    But the problem I have is that the double bass pedal I've got it exactly like my last kit. It's rubbish. It's something from one of those rubbish brands that make really low quality junk in the hope that someone like me, who knew nothing about drums back then, would buy it. So it's rubbish. The tension is gone in the main pedal and the tension screws have rusted up, so it's incredibly hard for me to play with it. Oh, and it doesn't sound that nice because it doesn't really have a proper
    So I'm wondering if there is a really good double bass pedal out there that you can recommend to me, that's quite cheap, but will last ages. I heard someone talk about Flying Dragons or something by Yamaha before; are they any good?

Thanks in advance!
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

try a pacific double pedal, or a mapex

User Info Menu

Cheap ones you say? I have a cheap Dixon Double Chain DB Pedal for my practice kit, $219 AU. However I'm using DW 9000 on my PDPX7 which was $700 AU, which were pretty cheap considering the lowest I could find them on ebay for was around $900 AU.

Basically you can buy a sucky pedal for $100 or so, or you can fork out half a grand and get a top of the line pedal.
    Last edited by Roger; 07-21-2007 at 08:24 AM.

User Info Menu

may i suggest the iron cobras?
    or the pearl eliminators.
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

iron cobras and pearl eliminators are mid priced pedals but the way to go. if you need something for now that is quick and easy and will last a decent amount of time but will suit the "cheap" budget. The Dixons pedals are cheap but good for what they are.

drums-rock Guest

Ive got a big dog one its blue lol it was about £100

User Info Menu

my pdp 602 was about $180 and it's a good solid pedal
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

Shoot, im playing a pdp 402 and i love the thing, lasted me almost 8 months so far

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drums-rock View Post
    Ive got a big dog one its blue lol it was about £100
    I bought that up in a subject with another drummer I know and he suggested Big Dog pedals too.
    I think I might get those. Thanks for the other suggestions guys, double bass just dragged me through a tricky period on my drums. Looks like I'll be a double bass monkey after all

User Info Menu

Dw 9000

User Info Menu

Alright I checked ebay out and I found these:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Big-Dog-E004-D...QQcmdZViewItem

What I want to know is whether this is a good quality double bass pedal? Or is it the wrong make and should I look for something a bit better?

User Info Menu

Hey,

I'm running a DW7002PT double pedal on the 'ol Ludwigs. Great action and feel... can't find a single complaint about it. But I did replace the stock two-way beaters with a pair Gibraltar round felt beaters. Got the pedals at the local Guitar Center... they weren't too pricey compared to some others out there. I've played a few of the 'pricier' brands and haven't found any difference.

This setup sure beats the he11 out of TWO drums and two pedals. Years ago when I played a real double bass set I used two Gretsch 'Floating Action' pedals (this was years ago)... best darn pedals I ever played. The leather straps did have a tendancy to beak on occasion, but could be replaced in a matter of minutes. Learned real early to carry spares cut to size with appropriate holes cut. That double bass set was pleasing to the eye but a real pain to lug around.

More old B.S. later

Badco
    More Old B.S. later

Badco

User Info Menu

Hey,
    Pearl has one here for $150 that looks pretty solid and good. What do you guys think?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...dal?sku=448787

User Info Menu

Nah DSD, Don't get the Pearl P122TW that's their lowest line of pedal. If anything get the next line up, the P1000's. They're better quality, Dual-chain with the option of changing to strap, more adjustable and they have the rotatable feet plates to change where the grip is on the pedal. And they have the rubber spots on the rotatable plates for better grip. And they aren't even that much more expensive.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?