Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats the longest time.....

drums-rock Guest

Default whats the longest time.....

whats the longest time youve played drums for without stopping

ill start mines would be 3 hours but im only a kid so im sure yous could get higher than this

User Info Menu

Woke up, smoked, played for 8 hours, smoked, slept. Yea that's my life haha.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Nope! You've got an advantage over me. I work full time as a pastor, and I always have the possiblility of phone interruptions, so the best I've ever done was 2 1/2 hours without stopping. It went by really fast!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

32ndHB, please tell me that you have plans to quit smoking! I admit this is a personal crusade of mine, because smoking killed my dad. I like your handle, and I would like your heart to get to that 33rd beat!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

drums-rock Guest

lol good one PB sorry about your dad though :(

User Info Menu

ummm about 7-8 hours

User Info Menu

Over the school holidays I enjoy doing the weirdest stuff to my state of mind and body. Last holidays I warped my sleep patten so that i would stay awake for two-three days straight without sleep, and then sleep for 20 minutes and do it again. I slept for a day and a half straight waking up every few hours to go to the bathroom.

But these holidays moved the minibar from the laundry to the shed (It was full of coke.) And woke up at 10am, started drumming when I was allowed to at 12pm, and finished at 9pm when I'm not allowed to drum any longer.

User Info Menu

I am new to drumming, so one and a half hours.
    Last edited by _Roxy_; 07-20-2007 at 02:10 PM.

User Info Menu

I dont smoke. Ive been offered cigs off some of my mates but i always turn em down. Ive tried a few times but its not a nice taste. Chewing tobbacco and snuff is even more horrible.

User Info Menu

Well Pastor, I am infact trying to quit, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I am a heavy user/experimenter, however I strongly suggest not getting into it. Last year I went into a coma during a sophomore party (i was only a freshman) after giving in to some degree of pressure. I use drumming as my antidote, and so far it has been keeping my record clean for some time now.

I find that I can play longer while listening to music that is fairly my speed if not a bit harder rather than soloing for a few hours. I play along to music and experiment with your my beats applied to the song. It's broadened my sense of where to place beats in a song and naturally I've learned different techniques from different artists in my playing.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    32ndHB, please tell me that you have plans to quit smoking! I admit this is a personal crusade of mine, because smoking killed my dad. I like your handle, and I would like your heart to get to that 33rd beat!
    Smoking, drinking, drugs killed my pop........

User Info Menu

about 6 or 7 hours with a little breaks in between.

User Info Menu

uhh..like an hour..are some of u guys saying u sat 8 hours on your *** playing drums without stopping?? thats crazy.

I usually drum like all day on and off

User Info Menu

DC, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. You have my sympathies!

32ndHB, thank you for responding, although I certainly did not mean to pry into your private life. I do appreciate what it means that you felt comfortable opening that part of your life to us. You are a good man, and bravo for finding another outlet that helps you break the cycle!

User Info Menu

On topic, I've played for 6 hours straight some times.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michiganice View Post
    uhh..like an hour..are some of u guys saying u sat 8 hours on your *** playing drums without stopping?? thats crazy.

I usually drum like all day on and off
    I had brake into between but no longer than 30m. And I didn't take alot of them, and remember I had a minibar 3 feet away from my kit so I used that alot.

User Info Menu

Hmmm... 2 hours, i think.

User Info Menu

Cool what's the longest time...

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    Well Pastor, I am infact trying to quit, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I am a heavy user/experimenter, however I strongly suggest not getting into it. Last year I went into a coma during a sophomore party (i was only a freshman) after giving in to some degree of pressure. I use drumming as my antidote, and so far it has been keeping my record clean for some time now.

I find that I can play longer while listening to music that is fairly my speed if not a bit harder rather than soloing for a few hours. I play along to music and experiment with your my beats applied to the song. It's broadened my sense of where to place beats in a song and naturally I've learned different techniques from different artists in my playing.
    32nd--peer pressure is rough, man, but it takes bigger cojones to resist than to give in.

Keep bangin' those drums, bro'...it's one addiction that's gonna pay off in the long run...

Not counting rehearsals, the longest I've practiced at any one time is 90 minutes max. I'm like michiganice about playing them off-and-on for shorter periods. Like you, I play along with music (CD's, cassettes, even with what's playin' on the radio. Fact is, playin' along with the radio is a greater challenge to me since I have to be ready to go from a down-and-dirty blues tune to a hard rocker to a swingin' big-band tune in a relatively short time. It's like playing a live gig (minus the screaming crowds and the flirts !)

BTW, it's not a really good idea to sit on a drum throne for an extended period...if you don't take a break now and then, it can cause blood to accumulate in your legs and--if you're an older dude like me--it could contribute to the formation of blood clots.

Hang in there, 32nd, and...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    and the flirts !)

BTW, it's not a really good idea to sit on a drum throne for an extended period...if you don't take a break now and then, it can cause blood to accumulate in your legs and--if you're an older dude like me--it could contribute to the formation of blood clots.

Hang in there, 32nd, and...
    thanks for the heads up BB!

User Info Menu

I played a 9 hour gig once. We were scheduled to play from 3pm - 6pm and 9pm - 12am. The band that was supposed to play 6pm - 9pm never showed up, so we rolled right on through the whole time. Talk about tired! I was sore for days afterward.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Sadly I've never been past an hour. I've always had to get out due to swarms of killer bugs, the heat in my practice space and usual "Life" interruptions.

Tobacco is nasty in general, but I suppose its better than drinking and driving or Drugs.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

i only got to three hours and i still chew i quit smoking so thats my imput on the topic of somking and chewing

User Info Menu

You chew tobacco? YEEEEEEEEWWWWW!

Your mouth must stink really badly!

User Info Menu

Jeezo some of u guys play for a long time. Mine I guessn is probly 3 hours

User Info Menu

2.5 hours :D
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered