Thread: Warm ups

User Info Menu

Default Warm ups

just to tell some of you who dont warm up, kinda like me well for about a month I wasn't warming up before i played and i always tried to play a certain song too see if my foot improved but i could not do it for the life of me because my foot was just to slow. a few days ago i had practiced my rudiments and all my other practice routeen stuff and i played that song afterwards and i could do it! so warming up REALLY does make a difference... to all you guys out there who don't bother too. also if your really into the song and having a blast, while already warmed up you can do tons of stuff you never thought you could do.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the "heads up," Lafirin! I admit that it is easy to sit down and just do, and expect results. Your point is well taken!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Laf - glad to see you've found a little secret!! Always warm-up before playing - remember, you're using a lot of muscles to play. Before I sit down at the set, I stretch out - my wrists, my arms, my shoulders, my back, my legs, my ankles. All of it. Usually takes a good 10 or 15 minutes before I'm ready to play - especially at a gig. The sticks make great "tools" when you stretch out, too.

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

Cool tip, Stix! I watch my cat, and I notice he never starts doing anything without stretching first!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

yeah i found 15-20 mins gets be super ready to play but i think 10-15 is good enough unless im doing a gig. but of course i dont even play gigs yet, just in my basment praticing