Thread: Yamaha DTX700k Snare Problems!

User Info Menu

Default Yamaha DTX700k Snare Problems!

Hi all, I have had a Yamaha DTX 700k for about three weeks and all of a sudden I have a problem with the three zone snare. When I play the rim shot, out of about ten shots I get 6 rim sounds and 4 ordinary snare sounds! Any ideas how I can sort this out............Pete.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha DTX700k Snare Problems!

My first post - be nice

Don't mean to hijack the tread ...

I am looking at that 700K myself. What made you go for the 700K vs say the 500K kits?

Any regrets on the 700K?

I tried to send you PM, but I need to post a few times before the forum will let me.

Considering you just got it, it should still be under warranty at least - assuming you got it from an authorized Yamaha dealer.

Can you try swapping the cable from another pad? This would at least rule out a bad cable. From there it is either the pad, or the module.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha DTX700k Snare Problems!

Have you messed with any of the settings?...if so, you may have caused this inadvertently...if not, it may be that you have some sympathtic resonance occurring and causing the snare to trigger incorrectly...btw..this happens with all e-kits..what you'll need to do is adjust the trigger settings..you should have reject settings that can be increased to prevent this..if you have a link to the electronic manual for your kit..post it here and I'll take a look at it and try to help you get it sorted..