Thread: cadence for snare/bass/cymbol

User Info Menu

Default cadence for snare/bass/cymbol

I have a new band teaching job where we march( no big deal) but I dont have much percussion. I only have snares, cymbols and bass drums. Every cadence I find has a lot more instruments. Any ideas where I can find music for marching cadence like this?

User Info Menu

your finding fight songs, not cadences, cadences are usually drum only pieces, jsut a fancy way to keep the rythmn, and maybe the band will do something like jump on certan beats

The best way to come up with original cadences, have those kids all work together and right some, remember, they have to march and stay in time while they do it, and its supposed to be good for the audience ears, just one of those like rythmns that make them begin tapping and moving

User Info Menu

what u can do is try and find a nice beat for the snare and then have them start playin it. then the basses and cymbals (if they have a good ear and beat) will make up their parts and it makes a pretty good cadence. o and then make up a cool name like original not like boston