Thread: Chris Adler

User Info Menu

Default Chris Adler

Genre:Heavy Metal, Groove Metal
    Band:Lamb of God
    Notable Songs:Ruin,The Faded Line, Now You've Got Something to Die For,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Adler_(drummer)

Awesome Drum solo at beginning!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Chris Adler

One of my favorite drummers. Love his playing. Love his band.

User Info Menu

Although I don't get into this kind of metal, I have to agree he is a very talented and skilled drummer. I believe he does clinics and teaches. I remember reading that he knows music theory and can read and write drum notation.

In fact, I believe he was in Modern Drummer this month or last.

Thanks for sharing.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

One of the hardest working drummers, his drive is incredible. "Resolution" hits hard! Probably my favorite album of theirs right now. His drumming only gets better.

Met him in Kansas City at a drum clinic at Explorers Percussion. Super nice man.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toothpaste View Post
    One of the hardest working drummers, his drive is incredible. "Resolution" hits hard! Probably my favorite album of theirs right now. His drumming only gets better.

Met him in Kansas City at a drum clinic at Explorers Percussion. Super nice man.
    I'm not a huge fan of Resolution. I liked Wrath a lot.

User Info Menu

Chris is an example of a guy who hasn't let that success get to his head at all. Has anyone seen him contribute to a Modern Drummer column called 'My Two Cents' or something like that? His is a refreshing attitude to see.
    Last edited by Drumbledore; 06-27-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Resolution. I liked Wrath a lot.
    Yeah, I'd say Wrath is their heaviest and most aggressive album. That opening fill in "In Your Words" really sets the tone for the whole album, in my opinion. Resolution is really dynamic (to me, at least). LOVE the progression they've made with songs like "Insurrection" and "King Me," yet they're still staying true to what's classic of them with tracks like "Desolation" and "Cheated." The mix on Resolution is gold, in my opinion. It has that polished feel to it like Sacrament, yet has a very "real" and organic tone to it as well (like Ashes). Chris is a beast.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I'd say Wrath is their heaviest and most aggressive album. That opening fill in "In Your Words" really sets the tone for the whole album, in my opinion. Resolution is really dynamic (to me, at least). LOVE the progression they've made with songs like "Insurrection" and "King Me," yet they're still staying true to what's classic of them with tracks like "Desolation" and "Cheated." The mix on Resolution is gold, in my opinion. It has that polished feel to it like Sacrament, yet has a very "real" and organic tone to it as well (like Ashes). Chris is a beast.
    I really enjoy Ghost Walking. Great tune. And the first two tracks...forget the names...are awesome. I love that fill between the two songs.

User Info Menu

he had a story in Drum magazine a few months ago, very modest, hard working and lives a simple life.
    i admire that

User Info Menu

in the posted video his snare is wound way too tight, which he stated in his story in Drum, claiming it fit the music.
    hate the singer/screamer.
    i say get a new singer and drop it down 40 or 60 bpm.
    am i wrong for saying that?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kyle102565 View Post
    in the posted video his snare is wound way too tight, which he stated in his story in Drum, claiming it fit the music.
    hate the singer/screamer.
    i say get a new singer and drop it down 40 or 60 bpm.
    am i wrong for saying that?
    Yeah. Randy is excellent.

But, to each his own. Not sure I'd drop anything of theirs 40-60bpms... songs like Contractor and Forgotten (Lost Angels) are great at the speeds they're at.

User Info Menu

Yeah. Randy is excellent.

But, to each his own. Not sure I'd drop anything of theirs 40-60bpms... songs like Contractor and Forgotten (Lost Angels) are great at the speeds they're at.
    Agree.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumsetsnide View Post
    Although I don't get into this kind of metal, I have to agree he is a very talented and skilled drummer. I believe he does clinics and teaches. I remember reading that he knows music theory and can read and write drum notation.

In fact, I believe he was in Modern Drummer this month or last.

Thanks for sharing.
    While I have never met him he frequents the same drum shop as I do just outside of Richmond. He has done several clinics (mostly free) when not on tour and is in town. Shane, the owner of the shop, said he is about as down to earth as anyone you would meet. While Im not a big fan of them I have to admire someone who, even with huge success, still finds time to help others with his knowledge and skill.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"