Thread: Dw hihat disbelief!!!!!

User Info Menu

Cool Dw hihat disbelief!!!!!

I was informed today that my dw 5000 remote hihat wif 4 ft cable
    is so old(about 20 yrs) my longtime drumshop gurus cannot figure out how to change the cable from the longer piece to an 18" shorter cable ,,,it has been 3 months wif no resolution,,,,so they consulted wif dw more than once by phone to no avail,,,,now the only way the cables appear that they will be changed out is if i pay for shipping from phoenix to california so that dw techs can
    try and resolve the problem.....5 months later ....i still dont have it back...talk about fustrated,,,,,i feel like im lost in an antique drum marketplace not dealing with a company of drums (and hardware)made by drummers for drummers since 1972!!!!!!,,,arghhh,,,
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Dw hihat disbelief!!!!!

That's got to be frustrating PHROGGE. It's hard to believe that the basic design has changed that much, but I guess so.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PHROGGE View Post
    I was informed today that my dw 5000 remote hihat wif 4 ft cable
    is so old(about 20 yrs) my longtime drumshop gurus cannot figure out how to change the cable from the longer piece to an 18" shorter cable ,,,it has been 3 months wif no resolution,,,,so they consulted wif dw more than once by phone to no avail,,,,now the only way the cables appear that they will be changed out is if i pay for shipping from phoenix to california so that dw techs can
    try and resolve the problem.....5 months later ....i still dont have it back...talk about fustrated,,,,,i feel like im lost in an antique drum marketplace not dealing with a company of drums (and hardware)made by drummers for drummers since 1972!!!!!!,,,arghhh,,,
    What does it take to change it? I can't imagine what would be so difficult about that. I'd like to see a pic of that.

Tan

User Info Menu

Hey Phrogge-ster.....are you talking about this particular version of the DW Cable Hi-Hat???

Yeah, I'd like to get the shorter cable too, but jeez, seeing that you're getting a run around by them....wondering whether it's worth the while...
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Why the heck would they make such a long cable when your hhts are only feet away from you. Phrogg you can consider it an antique when you can no longer get parts.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    That's got to be frustrating PHROGGE. It's hard to believe that the basic design has changed that much, but I guess so.
    It's just another cog of the many parts that is the trend of companies causing the fleecing of America. Companies are able to duplicate a design from year to year, but they choose not to because then you wouldn't need next years product if last years component's fit this years new products. Instead you are forced into buying the new product in order to stay up to date. Why is it that last years C.P.U. won't fit this years motherboard, or vise verse? Same reason, you have to buy this years version, even though it would be easy to make them interchangeable. But then they lose out on repeat purchases. No wonder our landfills are stuffed to capacity.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Why the heck would they make such a long cable when your hhts are only feet away from you. Phrogg you can consider it an antique when you can no longer get parts.
    I would say make it that long so you can put the hi hats on your right ( or left ), to play open handed and still be able to maintain control of the hats unlike with just a set of x hats?

User Info Menu

Doesn't DW have repair manuals online? That's pretty standard these days. Those cable systems haven't changed that much! Did you try any of the Vintage drum sites? This shouldn't qualify but apparently it does.

User Info Menu

Drumbledore,,,,just like dat bro,,,,exactly!@!!!!
    I use dis model simply because on my left side my hihats sit
    in da 11 o'clock position to da left of my snare,,,i do have closed xhats
    on my right,,,but the length of cable affects the pull action when it has to be wound around other stands to appear a neater set up,,,i am not giving up,,,the shorter cable is 18" and allows da pedal to sit next to my leftaux pedal on my dw 5002's.....im just sayin,,,im more than surprised about the response & the length of time & resolution of the situation,,,heck ive got autility clamp & boom arm on a 25 year old tama hihat pedal that i use now,,,,but back then i "thot" i was upgrading wif a remote pedal from the best in da biz,,,,,im just sayin.....
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

If its just a simple cable, you should be able to shorten it yourself like any other cable.

User Info Menu

Tin snips and JB weld :D
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xoferif09 View Post
    I would say make it that long so you can put the hi hats on your right ( or left ), to play open handed and still be able to maintain control of the hats unlike with just a set of x hats?
    Yeah I get what you are saying but the pedal would have to move to right or left too. The cable would still be long

User Info Menu

The idea of the long cable is so the footpedal can go into the "standard" spot or right beside if they are aux hats, and then you can mount your hats wherever you want on the kit.