Thread: pacific x7

User Info Menu

Default pacific x7

what do you thunk of these kits

User Info Menu

You mean these kits? http://www.pacificdrums.com/x7/x7.htm

I own one, great kit. The projection isn't the best but it's great that I can totally get into the song and start pounding and the sound won't hurt my hears or my band members. Another drawback is it's Poplar shells, not sure if they're any good or not because I've only used Maple and I have some experience with Birch in the past.

User Info Menu

wow, so, didnt they tell us the x7's were maple? then they told us they were maple and birch mix? now their just going as poplar?

User Info Menu

Default yeh

hey roger i remeber now you were debating on the x7 or the cxr

User Info Menu

is there much of a sound difference in the Pearl Export and this kit? the export has poplar shells too so it would be interesting to know if there is much difference in the sound being two different brands.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by roachmon View Post
    hey roger i remeber now you were debating on the x7 or the cxr
    Yeah decided to get the PDPX7, I bought another snare and decided that I didn't need a 24" bass drum because evtually I was going to use triggers since I play death metal etc.

User Info Menu

Question or

if there is somenthing better inthis price range (its about 700) please tell me

User Info Menu

Gretsch Catalina maple - or birch. Depends on your sound preference. I got my maple set for $699. I couldn't be happier with what I got. I narrowed my choice down to the Gretsch or the Sonor Force 3005 and I ended up with the Gretsch. I don't think I could have made a "wrong" choice either way. The Sonor set was about $100 more, though.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!