Thread: really help if you were buying a drumset

User Info Menu

Default really help if you were buying a drumset

i was wondering if anybody could either post a link or just do it themselves, a list of all the woods from high end to low end (not necessarily having to say if birch is better than maple or anything just saying they are high end)
    and all the drumsets from beginner intermediate, semi pro, and pro from the major brands, i think it would help a lot of people out on this topic.

i thought i saw someone post the link of it a month or so ago, but i forgot the site and cant find it on google

thanks

User Info Menu

CC, here is a link that can help. It's a "Buyer's Guide" article from the MF website. I usually try to find articles that are a bit more independent, but this article seems to be a decent, independent article. It's basic, but it's a start.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?doc_id=99531
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

thank you pastor bob that definitely took care of the wood part, but i still saw some independent website somebody posted a while back, and i searched thru all the forums and couldnt find it, so if anybody can get it, im sure it could help everybody out thats wanting to buy a set, or you can just list it

but thank you again pastor bob for taking the time to get that for us, it took care of the order of the woods

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

thanks vinny, that clears some other stuff up but im looking for the link that had all the sets from the major companies organized from beginner to pro, or if you know them well you can just write them out

User Info Menu

When a list like that is compiled, there is quite a bit of personal feelings on a particular product that goes into how it is ranked. And that is typically based on what the writer prefers in a kit. Which, may not be what you prefer. Instead of relying on a list from the internet, I think you should take a more hands on approach. Play on some kits, ask people at several stores what they know and think. Think long and hard about what you want. what sound? do you want a kit for now? one that might change in the coming years as you grow as a drummer and reallylearn what it is you like and don't like? or do you already have that expierience and want a kit you will play forever? A list on the internet will not help you with theses decisions.

User Info Menu

I agree with you, EL. The sound that you like now may not be the sound that you will like even three years from now. Every one of us is growing as a drummer. The best we could do is rank kits according to their basic function (beginner, student/intermediate, professional). Within each category, though, everyone will have opinions as to which kit is the best.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Is this what you were looking for???

http://www.drumdojo.com/kit/drumsetlevel.htm

or was it this one?

http://georgesdrumshop.com/t-faq1.aspx

Hope they help!!

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

STIX YOU ARE THE MANNN, iT was the first one, and thank you and round of applause for stix

User Info Menu

hands stix a round applause.

They taste good if you cover them in honey and bake them for a hour
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters