Thread: Recording for my mate

User Info Menu

Default Recording for my mate

First of all I'd like to apologise for my long absence from drum chat, I have just been way to busy with my exams and travelling and all sorts of crazy things but now I'm back.
    Anyway, my friend has decided he wants to start singing and asked me to help him record a demo. He's decided to cover Ain't No Rest For The Wicked by Cage the Elephant who are one of my favourite bands at the moment and asked me to record him the drums, guitar and bass. The drum part is nothing too crazy and this was my first and, so far, only take and I'll probably do a few more to comp together in the morning. I've not done anything too extensive, the guitars and bass were D.I.ed and I used 3 mics on the drums (1 overhead, kick and snare). The toms are done using midi from my ekit and I used drum replacement on the kick drum as the mic I am using is just a cheap sm58 rip off.
    This is a very early and rough mix done using ... dare I admit it ... headphones but I'm just curious to see what you all think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnLerujCDP8

(sorry about the low quality, my internets really slow and it would have taken me literally days to upload it otherwise)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Recording for my mate

Hi ! This is not bad ! But I find there isn't enough dynamic in the sound. Also we can't hear snare ghost notes.