Thread: End Of The World What Would You Do!

drums-rock Guest

Default End Of The World What Would You Do!

what would you do if the world was about to blow up in 30 minutes ... happy thoughts people

User Info Menu

Depends, does everybody know the world is ending or do only you know?

If only I knew: Say goodbye to Family/Friends, Play drums one last time.

If everyone knew: Go out in styyyyyyyyyylllllleeeeeeee

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

this one is pretty cool good job DR
    Let's see
    1. i would say goodbye to my girlfriend and kiss her 1 more time
    2. i would go to samash and buy a piccolo snare drum
    3. GO STREAKIN' WOOT!
    4. Partyboy everyone i hate.
    5. sit down and listen to Guns N' Roses until it's doomsday time.
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

I would try to eat my bass drum.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

ouch
    what's it's measurements?

User Info Menu

22 x 18

User Info Menu

lol what about splinters? I would go lootin'...riot in the streets and whatnot.....
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

I just put a new EMAD batter on it,
    And it sounds delicious lol

User Info Menu

Break all the rules, cos who's gonna tidy up afterwards?! :D
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

drums-rock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58 View Post
    Depends, does everybody know the world is ending or do only you know?

If only I knew: Say goodbye to Family/Friends, Play drums one last time.

If everyone knew: Go out in styyyyyyyyyylllllleeeeeeee

HB58

its could be any

User Info Menu

i think i would have one more thing to add
    ADMIT I HAVE MUSIC DYSLEX-KIA!

User Info Menu

Funny posts! Hate to bring it down a notch, but my answer has everything to due with my faith. Because of my faith, I don't consider the end of the world as my end, nor my family's end, just as I don't believe that my death would be my end.

Having said that, I would probably spend all the time with my family that I could, and I'm afraid drumming probably wouldn't be a part of my final days on this planet. I mean, I wouldn't be taking them with me, so I would spend the time with the ones that I will see again. Maybe, I'd spend some of my time with all of you on DrumChat. That's what really matters to me!

I know that wasn't funny, but I guess that's kind of a serious question to me.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

drums-rock Guest

sorry if you took any of that to offensive PB!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Funny posts! Hate to bring it down a notch, but my answer has everything to due with my faith. Because of my faith, I don't consider the end of the world as my end, nor my family's end, just as I don't believe that my death would be my end.

Having said that, I would probably spend all the time with my family that I could, and I'm afraid drumming probably wouldn't be a part of my final days on this planet. I mean, I wouldn't be taking them with me, so I would spend the time with the ones that I will see again. Maybe, I'd spend some of my time with all of you on DrumChat. That's what really matters to me!

I know that wasn't funny, but I guess that's kind of a serious question to me.
    I'm with you PB!

User Info Menu

Of course not, DR! I thought everyone was having fun with the question. I guess I'm just in a more serious mood the last few days. Tons of stuff on my mind right now!

To be honest, until that last day comes, none of us really know how we'll respond, so having fun with it isn't offensive to me at all.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

I would spend my last bit of time on Earth telling my Family and friends how much I Loved and cared about them, and that I'd seem them again soon!!! Not an ending but a glorious new beginning!!!!

User Info Menu

I have to say that I do have an advantage concerning the end time scenerio. My father had a by-pass operation in 1993, and he had a stroke on the operating table and died. He was revived, and he came back with an incredible near-death experience.

My father said that he met a man, all in white, that told him he had to go back, but that he had to take a message back with him. The message was that there is only one thing that is important in this world - Love.

Prior to that moment, my father never hugged me, or told me he loved me. We shook hands, and the love was understood, because we were MEN! After that day, my father always hugged me, and said that he loved me - a life changed. Four years later, the day before he died, my father told me that Jesus was in the room with him, and he would reach for Jesus, but dad said that Jesus would not take his hand. The following day, dad died.

No, I don't fear death at all. I look forward to seeing my father again, just as if he has moved to another city, and I will one day move there, too!

User Info Menu

That is a powerful, powerful story PB! - I believe with all my heart that God is love and love is God. God is light, righteousness, wisdom, and everything good. If you seek goodness, you will find love. You will find God.

1st Corinthians 13:13 - "....but the greatest of these is love."

In my last 30 minutes, I would fit in a prayer. I would ask God (yet again) for forgiveness for my sins and ask if I could be with him in heaven.

User Info Menu

Amen, Drummer, Amen. And I would add . . . that God loved us so much, that someone was sent to save us from our shortcomings! How's that for love?

User Info Menu

Hmm, release my anarchist side that ive always had slightly kept away in me

Yes, that means, paint bombs, smoke bombs, dry ice bombs, flame throwers, ect

But ill be sure to have a nice cry and a goodbye to friends and family

User Info Menu

I would try to get everyone I know together in one house and hold my fiance as tight as I can and wouldn let her go for the half an hour. Any others that I wanted to hug or wanted to hug me would do so while I was still holding my fiance.

but then the world didnt blow up and we all lived happily ever after and since all the people I loved and cared for were in the same house we would have one huge party....I mean huge

drums-rock Guest

lol good one livewire wow PB thats was a really touching story there!

User Info Menu

I would prolly just stop and think.

I have nothing else to do.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

When I think about the end of the world scenerio, I think that moment brings everything that is really important into clear view. If we were faced with a burning building with children and our drum kits inside, which would we rescue? I'd get the children everytime, because when it comes right down to it, life is about people, and the relationships that we form with them. That's why I'm here on DrumChat. I enjoy talking with you folks, and making new friends.

User Info Menu

Have a shower, and comb my hair to look my best passing on.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha!!!

i'd wreck the place, and tell all my relatives i love em
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!