Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm thankful for...

User Info Menu

Default Re: I'm thankful for...

cocoa krispies, slip on shoes, children laughing, birds singing... ( chirping ), paperclips, and rainbows
    Most definitely. As a matter of fact, there will be "NO LIMIT"... just an unending quagmire of musical genius.

User Info Menu

curbs, the period ( puctuation ), eyesight, pain, and hard sausage.
    Most definitely. As a matter of fact, there will be "NO LIMIT"... just an unending quagmire of musical genius.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: I'm thankful for...

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    My health, some sense of intelligence and humour (might be obtuse for some, but so what?), people I love like my friends and family, having a great girlfriend in my life who understands what being a musician's all about, being able to play and teach drums, and always being able to stay positive no matter what happens. Can't ask for more than that.
    Since I actually understand your humour, does this make us "obtuse of a kind?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Keck View Post
    I can pretty much echo what all of you have said. I'd even be thankful for my drumming talent if I thought I had any.

Have you ever thought you REALLY wanted something, never got it, and later found yourself being thankful that you didn't get it? I'm one of these, uh, so & so's who always wants something I don't have. I can imagine all kinds of things I need it for and all kinds of justifications for getting it. Somehow, it never happens, but some circumstance occurs where I find myself looking back and seeing that if I had acquired, which usually means bought, and not necessarily with cash, said item that I would have:

1. not used it as much as I thought I would, if at all
    2. found that there was a better solution for the use I thought the item would address, often something I already had.

You get the idea. So I wind up being thankful for what I don't have. Is that crazy or what?
    Crazy like a fox, Jack! It's something it took me years to learn!

As for me, I'm thankful for

A wife who has been there in good times and bad for 28 years-plus and still loves me through it all;

Two daughters who, though they are totally different in looks, attitude and style, have grown into loving, caring mothers;

My two grandchildren and my "new 8-year-old step-grandson." ;

One son-in-law and one son-in-law-to-be who love our daughters and have become good friends; the son-in-law-to-be loves music and is also a drummer (and a guitarist and a keyboardist, etc.);

Thirty-three years in radio (maybe not the most lucrative gig in the world but one of the most enjoyable);

Six years as a contributing editor of a now-defunct family magazine in which I wrote of everything from head lice to Hannibal, Missouri (and loved putting everything I knew into every article).

For the past three years, the weekly column I've written for my hometown newspaper in which I take an off-beat (pun intended) look at everything from politics to weird phone calls (coming from my 15-month-old grandson);

The opportunity to learn drumming (set and hand) and, off-and-on, play in public; and, for six years, combine drumming and worship in a Catholic church that had never seen or heard anything quite like it before.

And, most of all, the gift of life that has enabled me to do all of the above. At one point after my birth, even my doctor was ready to give up on me (I was two months premature and very tiny), but someone intervened...

You know what, writing about what I'm thankful for is a humbling experience...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Each and every day the lord has given me.

User Info Menu

Chicken wings and root beer!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Since I actually understand your humour, does this make us "obtuse of a kind?"
    Hmmm, maybe? I think being 'drum obtuse' is a way healthier alternative to 'drug abuse' any day!
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Heat, A/C, water, electricity, females and Pizza
    Last edited by Olimpass; 08-20-2012 at 08:56 AM.

User Info Menu

.....knowing a lot of drummers. Oh yeah, I know guitarists, keyboardists, bassists, singers, the odd horn player....and then the odd odd instrument player or two (players of those odd ethnic instruments like the oud, bouzouki and so forth, you know what I mean?) But drummers overall. The others are cool, they can hang out with us we don't mind, we can tolerate them. For a little bit anyway.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

My wife, for encouraging me to start drum lessons, having a job, Newcastle Nut Brown Ale and Heavy Metal!

User Info Menu

I think Olimpass pretty much nailed it. He did leave out scotch, though.

User Info Menu

Dare I say i'm thankful for drumchat? Too much?
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I'm thankful for DrumChat too! I love you guys!

User Info Menu

Amen.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Thankful for Steve Gadd.

User Info Menu

Thankful for this beautiful day today. I plan to take a walk and smell the fresh air, rub my hand over the bark of a tree and take time to appreciate some of the things I often get to busy to notice.

User Info Menu

I'm going to visit a shut-in this afternoon. It just makes me appreciate the simpler things . . . like just being able to get out of the house on my own.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I'm thankful for lipton tea. Not so much the flavored stuff, just the teabags themselves. They keep me off the bad stuff!
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    For the past three years, the weekly column I've written for my hometown newspaper in which I take an off-beat (pun intended) look at everything from politics to weird phone calls (coming from my 15-month-old grandson);
    ....do you have a link?.....would love to read some of your stuff