Thread: my band opening up @ metal show

User Info Menu

Default my band opening up @ metal show

hi guys! its been a while since i posted a video, here is my latest video perfroming with my band "portrait of a killer" at a metal show opening up for arkaik and severed savior in baldwin park, Ca
    hope you all enjoy, :D

A Custom Cymbals
    6pcs Tama Swingstar
    Trick Pro 1-V double pedals
    Gibraltar Tower
    Tama Throne

User Info Menu

Default Re: my band opening up @ metal show

Brutal stuff. Nice fast playing brother!

User Info Menu

thanks for taking the time to comment on this post mark :D i really appreciate that.
    i checked out your reverbnation link and i have to say you guy's have verry catchy tunes, i really enjoyed them
    A Custom Cymbals
    6pcs Tama Swingstar
    Gibraltar Tower
    Tama Throne

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aacosta123 View Post
    thanks for taking the time to comment on this post mark :D i really appreciate that.
    i checked out your reverbnation link and i have to say you guy's have verry catchy tunes, i really enjoyed them
    Thanks man. There aren't many metal guys around, gotta stick together!

User Info Menu

Was that at the local YMCA?? haha

I am more into hardcore/punk rock myself but I can appreciate this stuff too.. not my cup of tea. good fast drumming...

User Info Menu

Your playing is absolutely insane. It might just be the video but i can't hear the guitar very well.

User Info Menu

Not into the heavy metal scene but you guys sound great and like some mentioned insane drumming.

User Info Menu

Very well done aacosta123. It's not my genre, so I couldn't sit through a whole night of it, but I really enjoyed watching you on the drums - great camera angle. You looked very fluid moving around the drums, even though you were moving at higher speed. Also, watching your right hand blasting on that snare while you did - as I recall - quarter notes on a cymbal was pretty impressive, too.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

it was at The american Legion"
    yeah the camera didn't catch the guitar sound too well
    thank you paster bob
    A Custom Cymbals
    6pcs Tama Swingstar
    Gibraltar Tower
    Tama Throne

User Info Menu

Awesome metal man!! Killer blast beats. I love it!!
    Life, like drumming, is only as good as you make it.

User Info Menu

Killer drumming ~ Im always left wondering what did the vocalist say? Not a clue here~!!!
    Guess you could say this isnt my choice of music but gotta say; you play exceptionally fast and spot on ...very talented drummer.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

thanks brknsgnfcncdrummer,
    Warren Wright thanks for taking the time to watch the video even though its not your choice of music....and to be honest i don't even know what he's saying half the time but its soo much fun to play
    A Custom Cymbals
    6pcs Tama Swingstar
    Gibraltar Tower
    Tama Throne

User Info Menu

Great job! You were spot on.

User Info Menu

thank you guys for the comments and taking the time to watch this video
    A Custom Cymbals
    6pcs Tama Swingstar
    Gibraltar Tower
    Tama Throne

User Info Menu

Dude, there is something in the water out there in Riverside. You guys are brutal! Your singer looks like a mix between my old guitarist and Andy Atkins (singer of A Plea For Purging). I got a good laugh out of that.

Killer playing man. I like seeing guys switch hands blasting on the snare like that.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Excellent playing. Are you using french grip/flying fingers on your left when you blast? I've been trying to develop that and it's slow going. Any tips on developing it?

User Info Menu

lmao! quikstang2 i just looked up A Plea For Purging and your right! he does,
    im going to tease him from now on with that haha thanks for bringing that to my attention.
    almostmatt1- well it looks like im using my fingers more but it feels like its 50 50 , 50 % wrist and 50% fingers,kind of hard to explain, what helped me was practicing with drum sticks larger then 2b(i call them jumbo sticks)
    ive also been trying to learn the finger technique its tough tho
    Last edited by aacosta123; 01-01-2013 at 11:17 PM.
    A Custom Cymbals
    6pcs Tama Swingstar
    Gibraltar Tower
    Tama Throne

User Info Menu

almostmatt1
    you wouldn't happen to have a video of you playing so i can see what your doing?
    A Custom Cymbals
    6pcs Tama Swingstar
    Gibraltar Tower
    Tama Throne

User Info Menu

almostmatt1
    you wouldn't happen to have a video of you playing so i can see what your doing?
    Nothing really spectacular but yes I do. I appreciate you taking the time to help me mate. It's a few months old and I've loosened up quite a bit since, but other than it being a bit more relaxed it's not much different to what I'm doing now.

User Info Menu

Also I got a pair of heavy sticks, Pro Mark Jeff Moore sigantures, and they're friggen huge. I use them for rudiments, and they certainly do help.
    Last edited by almostmatt1; 01-02-2013 at 02:03 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by almostmatt1 View Post
    Also I got a pair of heavy sticks, Pro Mark Jeff Moore sigantures, and they're friggen huge. I use them for rudiments, and they certainly do help.
    hey your welcome :D what ever i can do to help i shall do!
    ahh i see, it looks like your using mostly wrist relax your wrist and try not to tense your arm, try to use fingers so you wont get tired as quick. of course practice with a metronome. it takes time, patience, and practice, sometime its going to feel like youve been practicing for a while and still haven't seen any progress
    i really hope this is useful for you
    A Custom Cymbals
    6pcs Tama Swingstar
    Gibraltar Tower
    Tama Throne

User Info Menu

hey your welcome :D what ever i can do to help i shall do!
    ahh i see, it looks like your using mostly wrist relax your wrist and try not to tense your arm, try to use fingers so you wont get tired as quick. of course practice with a metronome. it takes time, patience, and practice, sometime its going to feel like youve been practicing for a while and still haven't seen any progress
    i really hope this is useful for you
    Thanks mate, appreciate it. I think I'll work on loosening up a bit first, that'll make it easier to work on a finger motion.