Thread: NEW Pix of the set

User Info Menu

Default NEW Pix of the set

Well, I finally got everything the way I want it. The chrome snare as the primary, the set snare as a secondary (with the long awaited for stand), my "trap" kit (i.e. faux wood block and cowbell) and double pedal. Here, in all it's glory, is my Sonor S-Class in road ready condition! Already been through two gigs with it - set sound awesome. Will be posting some video from our most recent gig shortly - as soon as my son uploads them to youtube.

Stix

Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

Very nice, Stix! That cleaned up beautifully. Must have look great at the gigs!

BTW, are those your drumming slippers in the first pic?

Seriously, though, that's something to be proud of, man!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

thats a strange setup. very nice drums tho. im sure they sound great. been a long time since i saw kick hoops like those.

User Info Menu

Yep, those be the dogs of war!!! Seriously, they're exactly that - a pair of slippers that are very comfy, allow full feel of the pedals yet protect the feet at the gigs from "stuff" that's on the floor/ground. I've gotten nothing but rave reviews from my bandmates and the audiences at the gigs. Man, I love this set!

Stix

Sonor S-Class -Ash

14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats

User Info Menu

so stix youve gotta one up me on everything? i post pics of my crappy set, and you have to all of the sudden get pics of your amazing sonor set? you got something against me?

haha im jk, awesome set it looks great

User Info Menu

Coke, definately not trying to one up ya... take a look at the white set in the back of the pix... that was my original set from back in the '60's. An old Royce 6 piece that was gold sparkle that I spray painted with a white laquer. We all gotta start somewhere and as long as you can play (or have the desire to play), it doesn't matter what kind of set you have. They're all good. Just keep playing, that's the important part - and thanks for the props!

Stix

Sonor S-Class -Ash

14X5 D454 Chrome Snare

User Info Menu

haha yeah i was just kidding about the whole one uping thing but yeah, ive only been playing for like 3 months so i shouldnt expect any better

User Info Menu

Your cymbal setup is quite unique, doesn't that get irritating to have to reach up high rather having it all around you?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

hmmm.... You prefer steel snares stix?

/\ Same here... Whats with the cymbolas?
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Steve and 32nd...

re. snare: Absolutely prefer the chrome snare to the wood - much stronger crack and projection from the chrome. It also has a built in dampener (that the wood one doesn't), so I can fully adjust the dampening. The wood one also has an overtone (hence the homemade "dampening ring" i.e. cut out head) that I can't get rid of with tuning - but it has it's applications - a few country tunes that we play come to mind. By the way, the "ring" you see is usually replaced with "moon gel" on a gig - this stuff is AWESOME - I just don't want to waste it at home and the "ring" works fine for practice.

re. cymbals: I was taught by a jazz drummer back in the 60's and 70's. One of his many "lessons" was that, as a drummer, we are "showmen" (as are other people who professionally play instruments). As such, we should put on a "show" everytime we play - without overtly bringing undue attention to ourselves or being overly "showy" - for example, he didn't believe in stick twirling as that would be overly showy. Having your (crash) cymbals mounted high meant that your arms would be visible to the audience every time you hit them thereby putting on a show while you work. I learned that lesson and it's stuck with me to this day. I'm very comfortable playing in this configuration and have never considered playing any other way!

Stix

Sonor S-Class -Ash

14X5 D454 Chrome Snare

drums-rock Guest

wow thats a nice kit man!