User Info Menu

Default Re: Evans Black Chrome

Nice looking playground, Embalmer.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Thanks, Bish! I have to resist the urge to play them every night. But I almost never do resist...

They call me...

User Info Menu

Been awhile since I posted on my own thread...thanks to embalmer, it caught my eye again. I did eventually get that Remo Black Suede head for my Black Beauty snare, and all of you were right, I'm not thrilled with it. It's 'okay', but... The one thing I WILL say for it is that the surface of that head is PERFECT for brushes. I'd had problems trying to learn brushes on the Reverse Dot head I had before, too rough for smooth wire work. Just tonight, I ordered a DeJohnette head, the one several of you mentioned. We'll see what that sounds like. I hope I like it better!
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    And I gotta agree!!
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

They look great! I would love the look of all black drums. Hardware, heads, sticks, throne, everything! Even cymbals

Maybe not cymbals..
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cabasner View Post
    Been awhile since I posted on my own thread...thanks to embalmer, it caught my eye again. I did eventually get that Remo Black Suede head for my Black Beauty snare, and all of you were right, I'm not thrilled with it. It's 'okay', but... The one thing I WILL say for it is that the surface of that head is PERFECT for brushes. I'd had problems trying to learn brushes on the Reverse Dot head I had before, too rough for smooth wire work. Just tonight, I ordered a DeJohnette head, the one several of you mentioned. We'll see what that sounds like. I hope I like it better!
    Quoting myself to show that you all were correct, that I wouldn't like the Remo Black Suede on my Black Beauty snare. I got the Aquarian Dejohnette head a few days ago, and it is a HUGE difference between it and the Remo head. Much better, to my ears. Of course, we have to try things to see what works for us. In this case, I agree with those who recommended the Aquarian. Thanks, guys!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    They look great! I would love the look of all black drums. Hardware, heads, sticks, throne, everything! Even cymbals

Maybe not cymbals..
    Agreed, maybe not cymbals...but everything else, yeah!

User Info Menu

I have recently put these heads on my new PDP X7 kit and I am IN LOVE! They are amazing for my style

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I have recently put these heads on my new PDP X7 kit and I am IN LOVE! They are amazing for my style
    The PDP X7 is one heck of a kit. Finally heard one in person last week at an outdoor concert. The X7 has so much punch and presence, I had to look twice to see if it was a set of DW Collectors on stage....

User Info Menu

correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the head companies coming out with these for the intermediate drums to low end drums.
    Sabian!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    The PDP X7 is one heck of a kit. Finally heard one in person last week at an outdoor concert. The X7 has so much punch and presence, I had to look twice to see if it was a set of DW Collectors on stage....
    Yeah they are a force to be reckoned with... the bass drum is a canon.

They are light and easy to transport yet the sound is amazing. Easiest drumset I have tuned hands down.. the snare drum I'm not 100% sold as I love my PorkPie but you just can't simply compare a PorkPie squeeler to a stock PDP X7 Snare lol bringing a gun to a knife fight