Thread: DW 4000 VS DW 5000 Pedals

User Info Menu

Default DW 4000 VS DW 5000 Pedals

Well today I'm going to a drum expo (going to be sweet.) I've got the choice to buy a DW 4000 or 5000, I could buy a 9000 but I don't have the money. So is there a huge difference between these pedals? And will they be a lot better than my Dixon pedals until i can get myself a some DW 9000s?

User Info Menu

I bought Pearl Eliminators instead. =)

User Info Menu

Sweet, good choice! Eliminators are brilliant pedals from what I've heard.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

They are great pedals. I can't find anything bad about the pedals at all.

drums-rock Guest

buy big dog ones there ace!

User Info Menu

The money for Big Dog pedals roughly translates into $150AU. I spent about $600 on my Eliminators, lol

...Bad part is I found a website that sells them for about $350AU, $400 with postage. :(
    Last edited by Roger; 07-29-2007 at 05:58 AM.

User Info Menu

Well, I'm a day late and a dollar short, apparently....but there is a HUGE difference between a DW 4000 series and a 5000 series. The 4000s are their entry-level pedal, and the cheapest one they make. The 5000 series was, for years, their top-of-the-line pedal, pro-level, and a true workhorse. The 9000 series is now the creme de la creme, but for my money, I'll keep my 5000s....they've proven themselves to me over the years.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

long time no see btg.

User Info Menu

Hey this is my first post here and I hope this helps

I use to own a pair of DW 5000's for many years and my feet were really happy. They are also very reliable and I really like the footboard on those pedals. I don't know if they do now, but they use to come with a drum key and a holding spot for them.

So I highly recommed the 5000's. Also stay with in your own price range.

User Info Menu

Now that I have Eliminators my next pedlas will be either the DW 9000's ($750AU) or the Axis Longboard double pedals ($999AU). I'll probably end up getting the DW's.

User Info Menu

look into the trick pedals too. they are incredible. aswell as incredible expensive. i cant see spending that much on pedals, but i feel they are light years ahead of the next best things out there (dw9000 & axis).

User Info Menu

well back to the comparison between the 4000 and 5000, im wondering what the difference is which pedal would be a better buy?

User Info Menu

in the long run the 5000 will be the better buy.

User Info Menu

i assumed..

User Info Menu

Hi -- new to this post -- I have used at least 35 or more pedals over the years -- until the DW9000, the best pedal I had was a Sonor chain drive back in the late seventies (yeah I have been playing for a couple of minutes) -- even then it cost me close to $400.00 -- I bought it for my Premier Resonators (those were pretty cool drums for their time). Last week I had a gig where the stage kit was using a DW5000 -- I opted to use those instead of loading out my pedals -- I was impressed -- not as kicky or as fast as the 9's but they were very comparable -- What I like about DW is the reputation, the quality, and the reliability -- don't get hyped by the hype -- best of luck in your selection.

User Info Menu

Im puting my money on the 5000, because frankly, the 9000 are just to pricey, i just spent over a grand last week on cymbals and other little nik nakes for my drums.

User Info Menu

you WONT be dissapointed in the 5000s. would have been cool if you had gotten a 5000 hat stand instead of the yammi. i know there is'nt anything wrong with the yammi but matching pedals are always cool.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    you WONT be dissapointed in the 5000s. would have been cool if you had gotten a 5000 hat stand instead of the yammi. i know there is'nt anything wrong with the yammi but matching pedals are always cool.
    Well anything is better then my Basix pedals, even though they arnt all that bad, they just dont have that same feel as better pedals.

User Info Menu

After playing Gibraltar, i'm going to DW 5000. The 4000 are just not quite there as far as what a professional would want. (After 30 years I would like to think i know what I'm talking about.)

Just my 2 cents worth. I could be wrong.

User Info Menu

hello everyone!

I had to chime in on this one! I had dw5000 pedals (hi-hat and bd) and used them for HUNDREDS of gigs. They were total workhorses, and to this day (nearly 13 years later) they still rock. I used them last week for a rehearsal and was still impressed with just how good they are after so much use.

BUT

I bought the 9000 hi-hat stand when it came out because the 5000 I had was the three leg with one removable design (which I never cared for). I was BLOWN AWAY at the performance of the hi hat. I've NEVER used a pedal with so much sensitivity or precision. Needless to say I bought the bass drum pedal less than a month after purchasing the hi-hat.

SOOOOOOOOO.......back to the rehearsal I had last week when I used my 5000's. As much as I realized that they are GREAT pedals they seemed like antiques when compared to my 9000s.

Bottom line: THE 9000's ARE WORTH THE MONEY!!!
    Kyle

User Info Menu

hey rebuskyle, can you ask you what kind of 5000 pedal did you have.. this 1?
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...dal?sku=443255
    i was thinking of getting this one. and how did the 9000 differ from the 5000?

User Info Menu

on all these reveiws on the web i keep hearing people say I love the 5000's and some people say that hate them, i cant seem to find a solid answer for this pedals, but i read up on the 9000's and its all good. but then i hear, the 9000's are the same feel and stuff, just it has upgrades, and the 9000 seems to pricey for me... but then again i want a good pedal that i will use for ALONG time and be satisfied with it for years to come