Thread: I Went To AUDW Today!

User Info Menu

Default I Went To AUDW Today!

AUDW is the Australia's Ultimate Drummer Weekend. Huge drum expo, I bought a bunch of awesome sticks and some double pedals there. There was a huge showroom in the middle with about 20 kits being shown off. There were two that everyone seemed to want to play: The new PDP X7 Kits that came out this year and some Tama Kit that I couldn't find out what product it was.

Oh and FYI: Those catapult pedals aren't that great in real life to be honest, they have a lot more lag from tow to beater than most other pedals. There was also some awesome pedals being shown off, they had a normal double pedal set up, two footpads, and THEN! They had to footpads coming inwards, and the bass drum was supposed to be in-between the beaters so I'm guessing (I mean knowing lol.) it would have felt like playing a double bass set-up, they were awesome to play on.

I had a great time, there was this awesome atmosphere, the kind that you get when you're a member of this forum It was 100's of people all in one place for exactly the same thing, and it felt awesome. The only bad part was that I spent all my money on the double pedal, and I was hoping on spending $300AU on pedals, and another $300AU on splash cymbals and stands. but in the end I spent $600AU on pedals I still had money for sticks though, bought some really cool sticks, called hornets or something

-Roger.

User Info Menu

Oh I didnt even know it was on

where was it held at. How did the PDP X7 sound? and congrats on the new pedals

User Info Menu

529-535 High street, Northcote, Melbourne. The PDP X7 sounds a lot better than what I thought it would considering it was made out of polar instead of Maple or Birch. It get the higher tones more than the lower tones.

User Info Menu

Did they have any name drummers playing there?
    Limpy
    *Drum yourself to death

User Info Menu

Derek Roddy, Marco Minniman(sp?), Tony Royster Jr as well. All great to watch, a few more drummers but these three were the highlights of AUDW.

User Info Menu

Limbys back?!