Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Removing logos & why?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Removing logos & why?

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    As far as removing logos, of course it's up to the individual. I know that sometimes it makes a difference to have them on there to help verify what they are. I've seen an old Paiste 2002 black label 24" ride in near mint condition sell for nineteen hundred. http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...02+black+label I believe it was because of it's condition, size and all intact. That was a suprise to me. I've been watching them and expected it never to go over $750. So in that case, it really can make a difference. It was a bid war and someone really wanted it. I guess it's just like having 2 vintage collectables, example, comic books. Both the same..one with a somewhat sunbleached cover. The other one colorful and fully intact may go for hundreds+ more.
    Paiste 2002s are in high demand, all the great ones played them, trully a brilliant cymbal

User Info Menu

Especially the ones from the British Invasion which seem to use the Paiste cymbals the most. I think.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Especially the ones from the British Invasion which seem to use the Paiste cymbals the most. I think.
    the Swiss did something right

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Removing logos & why?

Quote Originally Posted by kyle102565 View Post
    the Swiss did something right
    I had no idea Paiste where Swiss made. Their knives where very successful too. Thanks for pointing that out Kyle.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I had no idea Paiste where Swiss made. Their knives where very successful too. Thanks for pointing that out Kyle.
    That may be one of the reasons they are more popular over here. The lower import costs would mean they could be sold cheaper than those from over the pond.
    Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Removing logos & why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodeska View Post
    That may be one of the reasons they are more popular over here. The lower import costs would mean they could be sold cheaper than those from over the pond.
    Makes sense

User Info Menu

I love my brilliant finish Sabians, and I keep them clean, thats all. I like them just the way they are, logo's and all.
    Mapex Drums / Ludwig Hardware / Sabian Cymbals / Tama Pedals & Hardware / Remo and Aquarian
    Heads /
    Vic Firth Sticks

User Info Menu

After reading through this post I got to looking on the web about how to make a silk screen to reapply logos. It definitely looks doable with a lot of patience and some trial and error.

However I also got to thinking about how cool it would be if the companies would lightly burn the logos into the cymbal with a laser! Basically laser "etch" the logos.
    The logo wouldn't have to be deep and it certainly wouldn't have color, but it would be a more durable way to identify and brand a cymbal. I'm not positive but some of the new Zildjian "stamps"(small brand stamps not logos) look like they are laser burnt rather than stamped (I could be wrong on this)?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stuperprohero View Post
    After reading through this post I got to looking on the web about how to make a silk screen to reapply logos. It definitely looks doable with a lot of patience and some trial and error.

However I also got to thinking about how cool it would be if the companies would lightly burn the logos into the cymbal with a laser! Basically laser "etch" the logos.
    The logo wouldn't have to be deep and it certainly wouldn't have color, but it would be a more durable way to identify and brand a cymbal. I'm not positive but some of the new Zildjian "stamps"(small brand stamps not logos) look like they are laser burnt rather than stamped (I could be wrong on this)?
    Yes, I think you're right. This is the serial number "stamp" on my Zildjian A Custom 16" crash. It looks as though it's been hit with a laser:

User Info Menu

All my Vintage 70's Zildjian A's ( Avedis) where etched but not sure if they had lasers back then. I also do not see a serial number on them so this most be something new.