Page 25 of 546 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125525 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    FINALLY! A picture of the b-bro AND his arsenal...(at least a picture you can actually see!)

From my left, my red-finished wood CP quinto and conga; my LP Generation II bongos; and my Remo tumba--and of course, you know who ... (and to borrow from pastor_bob, dig the grin on the b-bro's face!)

this photo was taken earlier this month at our church's second annual Pet Mass by the leader of our group...
    YAY! Finally BB! Great pic!!!!!

User Info Menu

Great pic BB!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Get down witcha bad self! - Great pic BB!

User Info Menu

nice bb
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

Shazane Guest

Default Finally found camera

Sorry about the lighting, and the camera sucking

Finish is cobalt fade, since it's hard to tell

User Info Menu

Your snare being up so high doesn't bother you?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

Shazane Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    It's right above the top of the bass, how much lower could it be? Probably just hard to tell in these terrible pictures.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    Ya it looks like it's sitting as high as his first rack tom. Everyone has a different way of setting up though...Blessings.....

Shazane Guest

OK I think I know what your confusion is from, actually my toms are lower than most people's, not the snare being higher, I have it that way to make some of my fills possible

User Info Menu

Here's two of my kits. One is a DW Collectors (with Paiste Signatures and Zildjian Avedis cymbals), the other is my Roland TD6. I've put up a partial pic of my kit but have been asked to show all of it. I set up much smaller now with this kit compared to the pictures. My 300th post is here yay. Blessings...
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

dude.. i freakin love the DW. how much were those pasities? and they go well with the avedis huh? could u give me the specs of all those cymbals?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shazane View Post
    OK I think I know what your confusion is from, actually my toms are lower than most people's, not the snare being higher, I have it that way to make some of my fills possible
    I think they would be made more possible if you tweaked the position of your toms a bit. If you got them closer to each other, your snare too if that's how ou like it, you could make more complicated fills using all the toms and snare over and over.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Middleman, that is a beaaautiful set of drums you've got there.
    http://www.myspace.com/jammasterjones
    http://www.myspace.com/nervousexistence

Current Drum Setup: Sonor Force 2005 all Birch: 22" x 17.5" kick, 14" x 5" snare, 10" x 9" and 12" x 10" toms, 16" x 16" floor tom.
    Current Cymbal Setup: All cymbals are Paiste unless otherwise noted: 14" 2002 Sound Edge Hi-Hats, 18" 2002 Medium Crash, 18" Alpha Power Crash, 20" 302 Ride, 16" 502 China, 10" 502 Splash, and 12" Wuhan China.

User Info Menu

Here is a newer pic of my kit.
    <p>

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    dude.. i freakin love the DW. how much were those pasities? and they go well with the avedis huh? could u give me the specs of all those cymbals?
    You know, I don't have some of those cymbals anymore and don't remember all of them. I play a more basic set these days. My two crashes are a 16 and 18 Power Crash Paiste Sig., 18 China Paiste Sig., Zildjian Avedis hats, and a 8 splash Paiste Sig,. I'm in the process of revamping my cymbal set-up in the near future. I'm looking at getting a cymbal set-up consisting of no Paistes, Zildjians, or Sabians. There's so many more brands out there (however considerably more expensive) and I'm looking for change. Blessings.........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    Here is a newer pic of my kit.
    <p>
    Those are quite nice....want to trade a DW for a DW?

User Info Menu

Shazane, too bad the lighting isn't better so that we could see the blue fade. I'll bet it's gorgeous! You've got a nice kit there, brother! Is that a 16" crash next to the hi-hat?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zajn View Post
    Middleman, that is a beaaautiful set of drums you've got there.

Thanks bro.....they were "born" in 1998.....wow it's almost been 10 years I've had them. I'll never forget the day when the UPS guy FINALLY delivered them. It took quite a few months to get them. They were my dream drums, but would you believe I want ANOTHER custom kit? I'm looking for a high end Birch to go along with my Maples....plus I've got many custom ideas that DW won't do. My old roomie had a "60/40" deal with DW and couldn't get them either. Blessings....

User Info Menu

Middleman, I said it before, and I'll say it again, that's a beautiful DW kit! I was wondering if you ever found a solution for cleaning the problem on the hardware? I will say that it must be nice to be able to have the electronic kit when you want to play without keeping everyone else awake.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Cool Show Us Your Drums

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    They're all Valje's. I bought a complete set at Drums Only!, Vancouver, BC in 1977. I have a quinto, conga, tumba, supertumba (not many of these made by Tom Flores - so his son Ralph told me in a recent email - the wonders of the net!) and a matching set of bongos. I recently tucked all the heads, bongos included, with LP skins. They sound great. I was going to sell them a few weeks ago for $5,000 and I backed out of the sale. I thought the buyer was going to be upset with me, but instead he just said "I don't blame you, if I owned them I wouldn't sell them either." Nice guy.

What hand drum gear do you play?
    As you may see in the picture I posted today (Tuesday), my church gear consists of red-finished wooden CP quinto and conga, a gray pebble-finished Remo tumba, and a pair of LP Series II professional bongos. At home I have a black fiberglass CP quinto and conga, a pair of Meinl bongos, an African djembe, and a small wooden doumbek...

Dude, you'd be crazy to sell that Valje set! If I had the money, I'd get a set of four (although conceivably you could have five because I've heard of requinto (smaller than a quinto) as well as quinto, conga, tumba and supertumba...

BTW, middleman, I dig the goatee! If I could get mine look'n that good, bro', I'd grow mine out in a New York minute!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Kevin, every time I see your kit, I think it's absolutely one of the most beautiful kits I've ever seen, and I know that you certainly make them sound beautiful! BTW, that second photo should be on your bio. Nice pose, dude!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Middleman, I said it before, and I'll say it again, that's a beautiful DW kit! I was wondering if you ever found a solution for cleaning the problem on the hardware? I will say that it must be nice to be able to have the electronic kit when you want to play without keeping everyone else awake.
    Thanks PB! I found a new drum store the other day that I didn't even know it existed. It so happens that it's 5 minutes from my house....awesome. I'm tired of traveling far (well in LA traffic as you know) to go to Guitar Center where there's a decent amount of young kids that don't know a whole lot. This shop is called Chad Sexton's (Ya the drummer from 311 owns it) Drum City. I went in there with my HARDEST drum questions on various aspects...including fixing brass hardware. The guy I talked to was amazing! He had quick and very informative answers. He basically said that I could either A) have them dipped again in brass, B) take them to a machine shop that deals with all types of metals or C) take them to a hardware store that deals in all sorts of cleaning solutions. I thought about just buying new brass rims but was skeptical if the brass would match up to my lugs.....plus some lugs need cleaned as well. Until I start gigging again I'm not super concerned but wanna know what I'm up against.

BTW the treatment for my back is helping me get better and I'm going to "attempt" to audition for a new church this Sunday. I wanna play so bad.....it's been quite a few months. I'm not sure if I should try playing but I'm tired of being couped up in my house and my girlfriend is out of the country for a few weeks. Sniff sniff. You being a Chiropractor, did you have many patients with slipped disks? I wanted to go to one but my Orthopedic said no. For now it's just those damn needles w/ Cortisone poked in my spine...I hate them. I have one more to go. Blessings......
    Last edited by middleman; 10-30-2007 at 10:56 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by middleman View Post
    You know, I don't have some of those cymbals anymore and don't remember all of them. I play a more basic set these days. My two crashes are a 16 and 18 Power Crash Paiste Sig., 18 China Paiste Sig., Zildjian Avedis hats, and a 8 splash Paiste Sig,. I'm in the process of revamping my cymbal set-up in the near future. I'm looking at getting a cymbal set-up consisting of no Paistes, Zildjians, or Sabians. There's so many more brands out there (however considerably more expensive) and I'm looking for change. Blessings.........
    wow, never heard that before, sounds like you got some good cymbals there though. whats wrong, are you not 100% satisifed with the sound, or are you looking for a "different" sound not nessisarilly a better sound. well good for you man for stepping out of box and trying something new, i admire that.

User Info Menu

Here's a parable on my cymbals. I have a Ferrari but want a Lamborghini. Both top quality but have different looks, sounds, and options. I'm bored of the same 3 companies that everyone knows about. I want to give "those other guys" a chance at my business. BTW, what brand do you use? Rock on botha! Blessings.......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    As you may see in the picture I posted today (Tuesday), my church gear consists of red-finished wooden CP quinto and conga, a gray pebble-finished Remo tumba, and a pair of LP Series II professional bongos. At home I have a black fiberglass CP quinto and conga, a pair of Meinl bongos, an African djembe, and a small wooden doumbek...

Dude, you'd be crazy to sell that Valje set! If I had the money, I'd get a set of four (although conceivably you could have five because I've heard of requinto (smaller than a quinto) as well as quinto, conga, tumba and supertumba...

BTW, middleman, I dig the goatee! If I could get mine look'n that good, bro', I'd grow mine out in a New York minute!

Thanks bro.......I see you rockin da "handle bars" Blessings....