Page 400 of 546 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 10,000 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Thanks Pastor Bob,drumstix,butter ..yes PB you are right its the seam of the outer ply.
    "PLAY IT LOUD AND PLAY IT PROUD":

User Info Menu

Got some of the latest pics of my vision kit since i set it up smaller im loving it as well!

Last edited by s_tic_k; 10-20-2011 at 11:36 PM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by s_tic_k View Post
    Love your custom wrap!
    1997 DW collectors kit
    2010 ddrum dios m series kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

Got some of the latest pics of my vision kit since i set it up smaller im loving it as well!

Far out bro. Loving the finish. Just curious what type of lakers cymbal is that on the upper left corner. And how do you keep your cymbals so shiny?
    CURRENT SETUP-
    Sonic Drive 7 piece kit.
    2 up 2 down

- Sabian AA Holy China 17"
    - Meinl classics custom extreme metal crash 18"
    - Sabian AA 16" crash
    - Zildjian Z custom 20" ride
    - Evans G2 heads
    - Pearl Demon Drive Double Pedal
    -Joey Jordison signature snare drum.

Drummer For: *BAND HAS NO NAME YET*
    Genre:Metal/Screamo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius-Borich-JR View Post
    Far out bro. Loving the finish. Just curious what type of lakers cymbal is that on the upper left corner. And how do you keep your cymbals so shiny?
    Not sure which one your meaning but theyre all paistes and one on right is meinl 17 soundcaster custom crash

User Info Menu

My Pearl ELX. Bit of a story behind this one. Billy Hyde, a drum shop up in the city, was having a doorbuster sale which had some crazy, crazy bargins, one of them being this kit. It was down from $2099 to $229. When I saw it in the magazine, I ran n showed mum, begged her if I could grab it n she said yes. Cos it was such a mental deal, mum went up to Billys on the friday n sat there for the whole day. Me n my auntie went up that afternoon n the three of us spent the night camped out in front of the shop waiting for the sale the next day. We weren't alone, there was probably a total of about 40 odd people there that night. The next morning they brought in bouncers cos heaps more people rocked up. Then they let us in and I picked up this kit n a set of cymbals. One of the greatest nights of my life

I've since upgraded to my pdp kit, but I've still got the export. Great set of drums.
    Last edited by drumstix; 10-26-2011 at 08:41 AM.
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

Drumstix,that has got to be one of the BEST deals EVER! Thanks to Mum for jumping on that deal..but as everyone knows women can smell deals when they are around..WTG enjoy the set..and a very sharp looking one to boot!
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

...and my Pearl Forum. My youth group leader gave this kit to me for free. Used it at church n youth for months before we merged with another church which had their own building n whatnot. Now it's sitting in the lounge all stacked up n mum keeps hounding me to sell it lol.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MartyM View Post
    Drumstix,that has got to be one of the BEST deals EVER! Thanks to Mum for jumping on that deal..but as everyone knows women can smell deals when they are around..WTG enjoy the set..and a very sharp looking one to boot!
    Yeah for sure man. Mind you, this was several years ago now but yeah gotta love mums lol. I've enjoyed the set immensely, don't you worry

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumstix View Post

My Pearl ELX. Bit of a story behind this one. Billy Hyde, a drum shop up in the city, was having a doorbuster sale which had some crazy, crazy bargins, one of them being this kit. It was down from $2099 to $229. When I saw it in the magazine, I ran n showed mum, begged her if I could grab it n she said yes. Cos it was such a mental deal, mum went up to Billys on the friday n sat there for the whole day. Me n my auntie went up that afternoon n the three of us spent the night camped out in front of the shop waiting for the sale the next day. We weren't alone, there was probably a total of about 40 odd people there that night. The next morning they brought in bouncers cos heaps more people rocked up. Then they let us in and I picked up this kit n a set of cymbals. One of the greatest nights of my life

I've since upgraded to my pdp kit, but I've still got the export. Great set of drums.
    Always a fantastic bunch of deals Billy Hyde's do when they have doorbuster deals. The guys at Hyde's Parramatta and at Surry Hills are a swell lot, lovely bunch of guys (heck, they're drummers, whaddya expect? Lol), they've always looked after me to no end, even when I request the strange percussion and odd drum and cymbal sizes. Well done, Drumstix, great looking set. And they sound great too.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

I have almost completed my Saluda cymbal setup. I added an 18" crash, 18" vented crash, and 8" splash to my collection. The only thing missing is a 16" crash. This room is too small for me to use my good camera, so here's a digicam shot until I can setup in my large recording area. There are some closeup pics in the Saluda cymbal thread.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumstix View Post

hA thats a bargain alright! also kit looks great.. i used to go to those sales back in the days.. you done well dood
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRoney View Post
    I have almost completed my Saluda cymbal setup. I added an 18" crash, 18" vented crash, and 8" splash to my collection. The only thing missing is a 16" crash. This room is too small for me to use my good camera, so here's a digicam shot until I can setup in my large recording area. There are some closeup pics in the Saluda cymbal thread.

looks fun shane

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    Always a fantastic bunch of deals Billy Hyde's do when they have doorbuster deals. The guys at Hyde's Parramatta and at Surry Hills are a swell lot, lovely bunch of guys (heck, they're drummers, whaddya expect? Lol), they've always looked after me to no end, even when I request the strange percussion and odd drum and cymbal sizes. Well done, Drumstix, great looking set. And they sound great too.
    Yeah it's the same up here. They really are a great bunch of blokes, really helpful too. Mind you, they haven't had a doorbuster sale for a while now. Do they still have them down your way?

hA thats a bargain alright! also kit looks great.. i used to go to those sales back in the days.. you done well dood
    Yeah for sure man. Cheers

User Info Menu

Some updated pics of my completed starship. I don't have a wide angle camera, and this room is to small to get it in one shot.

Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Here's some pics of mine

User Info Menu

A Couple more

User Info Menu

My sons Sonor Kit....my old one

User Info Menu

Nice kits, longgun. It's cool that your son picked up drumming like you did, eh?
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    19" Paragon China
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

My 8 Piece Yamaha Stage Customs Raven Black.
    I plan to add a 14" tom near the Hi Hats soon and then I think I am done.(Not really)
    8pc Tama Superstar Classic Maple
    Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn76 View Post
    My 8 Piece Yamaha Stage Customs Raven Black.
    I plan to add a 14" tom near the Hi Hats soon and then I think I am done.(Not really)
    Nice set-up, man. I see that you have that Neil Peart cascading tom thing going on as well, eh? Sweet. Maybe next get a tom stand so you can move all your toms to the left to get your ride close to your bass drum maybe?
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    19" Paragon China
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Just posted these in the Yamaha thread, but thought I'd share with you. I recently changed to the 2 up - 1 down config, and loving the way the drums and ride now seem to fall more naturally to hand. The sound of these drums with the A Vintage batters and Ambassador resos continues to amaze me, and the Black Panther is just awesome!

A-kit: Mapex 6-pc Saturn V in Deep Water Maple Burl
    1976 Ludwig Supraphonic 400, DW Design Black Nickel over Brass and Black Panther Velvetone snares
    14" Zildjian A Mastersound hi-hats
    21" Meinl Byzance Transition Ride
    18" Sabian AAX China
    Many Paiste Signature cymbals!
    Roland SPD:ONE Percussion pad

Protection Racket cases

E-kit: Roland TD-12 with VEX

User Info Menu

Not sure which one your meaning but theyre all paistes and one on right is meinl 17 soundcaster custom crash
    Sorry I'm in my iPod. I meant which type of paiste is the one on the upper left corner.
    CURRENT SETUP-
    Sonic Drive 7 piece kit.
    2 up 2 down

- Sabian AA Holy China 17"
    - Meinl classics custom extreme metal crash 18"
    - Sabian AA 16" crash
    - Zildjian Z custom 20" ride
    - Evans G2 heads
    - Pearl Demon Drive Double Pedal
    -Joey Jordison signature snare drum.

Drummer For: *BAND HAS NO NAME YET*
    Genre:Metal/Screamo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wolvie56 View Post
    Some updated pics of my completed starship. I don't have a wide angle camera, and this room is to small to get it in one shot.
    That is awesome. I used to have the same eyeball hanging from one of my kits. I used to hit it every now and then to make it light up.
    Drummer for Almondy Brown and Redeemer Church of Lakeland | Session Artist | Private Instructor
    Facebook.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Instagram.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Twitter.com/PerryEarlDrums
    AlmondyBrown.com