Page 43 of 546 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143543 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Nice kits guys. Really beautiful.

Negative, congrats on the arrival of your new beast. Cant wait to see it set up
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by negativeattitude View Post
    Hey PB! Sorry for the confusion!!! The 10x14(not pictured) is my rack tom.
    Dude, that's going to be a monster ride!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Dude, that's going to be a monster ride!!

Yeah, sure is! I've always been a fan of larger drums pb, so this was the perfect opportunity to go LARGE! But who knows, at some point in time I may add something smaller.

na

User Info Menu

Great pics!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

DaveB!!!! Wow!!! Great collection!! I am curious about the size of the woodgrain Dunnet, and what it sounds like.
    Thank you.

The first two Dunnetts pictured are both wood drums.

The second one, which I presume is the one you mean in this case, is a solid shell 12x7 cocobolo. Ronn actually presented it to me personally last year when he was in London and told me that due to the difficulty of bending cocobolo into that small a shell, very few 12" drums have been made. It was a special order type build anyway, but it makes it that much more meaningful/rare I guess.

Sound-wise, it'll handle being tuned down unlike most 12" drums, it's loud, cutting and a bit dark. A lot of fun to play and wonderful to look at (obviously).

The first drum is made from a single piece of Ancient Kauri wood. This is wood between 45 and 50,000 years old (check out www.ancientkauri.com). The hoops are titanium. The re-rings are maple I think - I never asked Ronn about it.

He only did a run of 5 Kauri drums - a 13, a 14x4 and 3 14x6.5s. This is #4 from that run, Ronn still had the 13 and the 14x4 when I asked and apparently, there's another 14x6.5 in the UK. It's about $3,000 of drum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shinka View Post
    DaveB,
    Beautiful collection there!

Are those Paiste ColorSounds? I haven't seen them in years. I had a wonderful black ride (20") I think around '88-89. It had such a dry sound...it was great back then.

How would you say your crashes sound? I'm interested to know if they have a short decay?

If I am wrong & they are not ColorSounds can you take a minute to tell us what they are please since you did make mention of custom?
    They're not actually Colorsounds, but they are coloured in the same Colorsound finish.

Colorsounds/Visions/etc are actually lathed a bit more than normal models so that with the colouring, they are returned to the same basic pitch. These are normal models without the extra lathing with the white coating put on top. My cymbals are drier and a bit quieter than normal models, but they are quite controlled which makes then nice for recording.

The model listing is:

8" 2oo2 splash
    14" 2oo2 medium hi hats
    17" 2oo2 crash
    17" signature full crash
    18" 2oo2 crash
    20" signature full crash - which is mainly used as a ride
    21" signature silver mellow ride

Here's some better individual pictures: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ured%20Paiste/

User Info Menu

They're a little late, but they're here! I will be posting full setup pics soon hopefully. 10x14, 16x18 and 16x26 Black Ice. The 14 is here, just not in pics, sorry!(I specified chrome FinishPly kick hoops.....they arrived with matching, chrome ones will be sent, but they still look good though). Kit was completed and shipped yesterday evening next day air and arrived 10 a.m. this morning. It is a good Friday indeed!
    that is a 16x16 away from perfection. i would love to have those sizes. i love black ice.

User Info Menu

Dave B, those colorsounds are sick and your snare collection blows my mind! Not bad at all, dude.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Blacknight, that's a nice set-up you've got there, and the stained galss window in the background just does something for a pastor's heart! I was curious about one thing. Is the little cymbal just to the righ of the hi-hat an upside down splash, or an upside down little china. It sort of looks like an upside down 6" splash, but I couldn't be certain.

Yep.
    It's a flipped over 6" splash
    I have yet to see a china that's smaller than 12 inches

User Info Menu

Cool set!
    The electronic...thing on the left side is the alesis (something)pad?
    Just love the drums and they will love you too!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by george007 View Post
    Cool set!
    The electronic...thing on the left side is the alesis (something)pad?
    Thanks! It's a Roland SPD-20. I'm not a big fan of playing the pads(actually I'm pretty new to electronics), but I run my v-drum snare through it. It has some very cool instruments and effects to offer as well as inputs to run acoustic triggers.

na

User Info Menu

that is sweet i wish i could have dw, but then being a beginner player with an incredible set makes me sound spoiled and undeserving

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    that is a 16x16 away from perfection. i would love to have those sizes. i love black ice.

No, it's a 16x20 away from perfection, but you were close.

na

User Info Menu

Dw kit ("pre-set up") set up pics

Just working on the set up(not too much room to work with, they're in the bedroom until I get my practice space built...yeah it's cramped). Just wanted to throw 'em together and get some pics to everyone(and of course to play a little!). Better pics and a rundown of all equipment soon I hope. Thanks again to everyone who has commented.
    What ride are you using there?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    What ride are you using there?

That is a 20" Signature Heavy Bell Ride.

User Info Menu

Got my new Pdp Kit! woot! I had to buy concert tickets to the Taste of Chaos tour, so I have to use my old Cb drum hardware since I blew money on tickets. Here it is!

So with my next paycheck Im getting a double bass and some more stands! Oh and the floor tom is also from my Cb kit.

Now all i have to do is learn how to play better.

User Info Menu

nice! lol you had a cb set? thats what i have now

User Info Menu

yep, green to black fade just like my new set lol. I assume that Cb isnt that bad, but my friend who I got it from left it in his garage for 4 years. So I assume that messed it up cuz it didnt sound too good.

User Info Menu

hopefully you dont play that setup like it is there, with the cymbal tilted away and the foot pedal nowhere near it should be

User Info Menu

Default My little kit

i like to keep it simple

User Info Menu

Simple but nice !!!
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Nice one church_punk
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Cool Show Us Your Drums!

Hey, Church Punk! less IS more with that kit!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

yeh thanks
    is exactly what i need something nice and simple !

but i wouldnt mind to get some more to have more fun... i guess we all do haha

User Info Menu

I got a Digital Camera today and this was pretty much the first photo I took

Tama Rockstar Custom with Zildjian A Custom Cymbals and LP Jam Block & Cowbell

"Then when we do... The Afro Cuban... I'm going to go... To my Coooowwwwbell!" - Bernard Purdie