Page 44 of 546 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144544 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Yom, you mic your drums for recording, correct?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Default My Drumset...

This is my acoustic.... Mapex ProM Ghost Black.

And I'll be posting pictures of my "Studio" soon enough too.
    "But, I don't think any arranger should ever write a drum part for a drummer because if a drummer can't create his own Interpretation of the chart and he plays everything that's written, he becomes mechanical; he has no freedom."
    Buddy Rich

User Info Menu

It depends on what we're trying to achieve in the recording.

To be honest I've only done any proper recordings once. My old band, Vudu Guru made an EP and we had access to some awesome studios for free because our guitarist had to record a full band as part of his Music Tech course.

He went pretty mad with the mics for that session. If I remember correctly we had two on the bass drum, two on the snare, one on each rack tom, two on the floor tom, one for the hi hat and two overheads. Quite possibly one on the ride too...

Those recordings are here www.myspace.com/vuduguru

I think he got a pretty good sound out them for a mid-range kit and entry level cymbals (I was using Sabian B8s then, you can see them in the corner).

On the other hand, the only thing my current band have recorded was just a little demo in that garage ^ using a little recording device that uses two condenser mics. Not quite the same effect
    "Then when we do... The Afro Cuban... I'm going to go... To my Coooowwwwbell!" - Bernard Purdie

User Info Menu

Yom : I like the colors, nice set .

Damyne : Ilike the black heads with the black shells , also looks good .

User Info Menu

Cool Show Us Your Drums!

Damyne: Cool set! How do you like your Remo djembe, bro'?
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Show Us Your Drums!

OLA como estas ARTIST DRUMMER (2Slow) I love them
    Great pictures Of course MAPEX ,I am Not sure If you know that I use
    MAPEX SATURNS My-self 2007 Series ,For me their the Best <& I played on Every Kinds Of drums from all the Companys ,all the Drum Companys ARE GREAT,Its just these MAPEX work the Best for Me**
    HOT & SMOOTH ***What-ever WORKS FOR the ARTIST IS FANTASTIC*
    GRACIAS for shareing

User Info Menu

Helo Damyne nice to meet ya...

I'm agree with Gonefishin'...
    The black heads were cool !!!!
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

My Premier Signia Kit, el cheapo hammered bronze snare, made in same sweat shop as pacific, die cast hoops, sounds amazing. Also have a 7 inch 1947 Radio King, and a hybrid solid maple 7 and a half inch which is under a refreshening, have not touched it since 1983, shells are 1930 ludwig and 1950 birdeye radio king. Sacrilidge yes, but they sounded terrible in original form.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Auto-Stitch is fun

"Then when we do... The Afro Cuban... I'm going to go... To my Coooowwwwbell!" - Bernard Purdie

User Info Menu

Wow, I missed a lot while I was away!

Yom, cool kit! Congrats on the new digital camera!

Damyne, I agree that the Ghost Black with the black pinstripes is beautiful! Welcome to Drum Chat! I noticed that you said this was your acoustic. Does that mean that you also have an e-kit?

2slow, I admire you dude! I wouldn't have the guts to convert an acoustic kit. Nice job. It looks absolutely great!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Here We go !!! The full set of A Custom...

Great Kit you have there...
    My Kit :
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Thanks guys

Got to agree with PB on 2slow's conversion. Very very nice. What's it like to play?

And also let me be the next in line to compliment the Black Remos on Damyne's kit! I'm getting some Black Hydraulics soon can't wait to see how they look (and sound of course but that's clearly secondary haha!)

User Info Menu

Yom, the hydraulics well sound extremallly dead in comparision to the coated aquarians that you have now, unless the aquarians that you have are studio X or performance II's or something. They may look cool but I am thinking you won't be happy with the sound IMHO.

User Info Menu

Backbeat...
    I like your 10-piece Gretsch...
    Kinda cool stuff...
    My Kit :
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetualBluesMachine View Post
    Heres my other one. The one that stays at home.

Can I have your cymbals please?

User Info Menu

Signia, that's a beautiful kit too! That snare might be a cheapo, but it sure looks great with the rest of the kit!

BTD, the 10 piece is very cool. Looks to me like there's a Gretsch badge on one of the floor toms, and some other badge on the 8" tom. Is this indeed a hybrid set-up? It must be very cool to do a roll through the toms!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

That is Backbeats kit PB. It looks like the hybrid kit is a mixture of Gretch Blackhawks and Ludwig accent drums. That is what they appear to be but I certainly could be wrong with that assessment!

User Info Menu

BTD, you are right! I guess I'm flying blind right now. I don't have my glasses on at the moment, and I thought I was doing fine. I guess not!!! It did sort of surprise me to think that you were posting the pics of the kit.

Still must be a great roll through the toms!

And Backbeat, let me welcome you to Drum Chat!!! Nice kit!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by totti View Post
    Backbeat...
    I like your 10-piece Gretsch...
    Kinda cool stuff...
    Thanks. It is a mix of Gretsch BlackHawk Drums, Ludwig Accent Drums, Pearl Export Drums, and HB Drums.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Signia, that's a beautiful kit too! That snare might be a cheapo, but it sure looks great with the rest of the kit!

BTD, the 10 piece is very cool. Looks to me like there's a Gretsch badge on one of the floor toms, and some other badge on the 8" tom. Is this indeed a hybrid set-up? It must be very cool to do a roll through the toms!
    You are right. It is a mix of Gretsch BlackHawk Drums, Ludwig Accent Drums, Pearl Export Drums, and HB Drums.

It is a blast to play.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    That is Backbeats kit PB. It looks like the hybrid kit is a mixture of Gretch Blackhawks and Ludwig accent drums. That is what they appear to be but I certainly could be wrong with that assessment!
    You are right also. It is a mix of Gretsch BlackHawk Drums, Ludwig Accent Drums, Pearl Export Drums, and HB Drums.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    BTD, you are right! I guess I'm flying blind right now. I don't have my glasses on at the moment, and I thought I was doing fine. I guess not!!! It did sort of surprise me to think that you were posting the pics of the kit.

Still must be a great roll through the toms!

And Backbeat, let me welcome you to Drum Chat!!! Nice kit!
    Thanks for the welcome, and all the kind words from everyone.

I still have a lot of work left to do on my kit as you can tell.