Page 495 of 546 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545 ... LastLast
Results 12,351 to 12,375 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post

I'm a newbie here, and I think this is how I should have proceeded to deliver my message about the Peavey Drums. So, if this is going to work out as I hope, then my previos post should have been posted here, instead. Time to press the button and find out . . . .

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cdeleone View Post
    Good looking kit! How has the powder coated black held up over time?
    did you purchase the kit like that or did you modify it? Definitely an original look
    Thank you. I had the drum shop send it to the powder coaters before I brought it home. I've only had the set a few months so we shall see how the powder coating holds up over time.

User Info Menu

that satin white DW is money!!! love it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hlywd View Post
    My first post!!!
    This is my DW Design Series in White Satin with custom black powder coated rims and lugs.
    Gibraltar rack.
    DW 9000 bass pedal and hi-hat.
    Paiste PST8 cymbals.

just beautiful! Those cymbal stands look like a work of art. How long have you had the kit?
    Last edited by FlyByNight; 12-17-2014 at 09:51 PM. Reason: i
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    just beautiful! Those cymbal stands look like a work of art. How long have you had the kit?
    Thanks! I've only had it for about 6 months now.

User Info Menu

This is my first attempt to post photos here, so let's see how it goes . . . .

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...t2014007-1.jpg

This may be the last kit I ever own. I'm getting on in years and have declining health. I've been playing drums for over fifty years now, and still love to get behind the kit as often as possible.

This is my current kit. It's a Pacific CX Maple kit in Marine Pearl, my favorite color. I sold my beloved Yamaha Recording Custom seven piece kit (Tabacco Fade) after the country band I was in folded a number of years ago. It seemed like a good time to retire from full time gigging due to my health problems.

Within weeks of selling the Recording Customs (I kept my cymbals and hardware) a good friend of mine called and wanted me to drum in his part-time Pop/Rock cover band. I could not pass this up, so I purchased this kit to replace the Yamahas. I was concerned that the Pacifics would not carry the load compared the the RCs or the other sets I'd been accustomed to: Mapex Saturn Pro (seven piece in gloss maple), Ludwig Classics, or Yamaha Maple Customs.

I needn't have been concerned. The Pacifics have been a joy to play. This kit is very early production and were purchased within weeks of their initial introduction. I hate the looks of RIMS mounts and most other isolation mounts, so I sold the factory mounts and installed Pearl ISS mounts instead. These mounts allow the use of standard sized drum cases and allow closer placement of toms.

I guess that's enough jabber for now. Being older leads to having lots of opinions on almost everything (right or wrong!), so I'll be chiming in on later posts.

Thanks to the good Pastor for running such a positive and interesting site. I really appreciate that so many people here are supportive of the young - and often poor! - upcoming drummers here. For many young guys, learning an instrument can be quite intimidating when surrounded by other great musicians with much more disposable income. This site provides a lot of much-needed positive reenforcement for these guys. Keep up the good work!

GeeDeeEmm
    Last edited by gdmoore28; 12-20-2014 at 07:43 AM.

User Info Menu

My first pic of my kit has not shown up, yet, but contained only one of the two pics I tried to post. I'll try here with the other one.

Cymbal configuration is:
    -Zildjian "K" 14" Mastersound HiHats
    -Zildjian "A" 16" Medium Thin Crash
    -Zildjian "A" 18" Thin Crash
    -Sabian "AA" 10" Splash
    -Sabian "HH" 20" Medium Ride w/rivets
    -Zildjian "A" 17" Thin Crash
    -Zildjian "A" 18" "Pang" China w/rivets

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

And your pedal still has the plastic protective wrap on it! You must play in socks or the pic was taken at the initial set up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    Newbie here. I've tried posting picures of my drums and brilliant commentary relevant to same -- yet, after several days, nothing has shown up. I followed the directions perfectly, made no foul pronouncemens, and did not once take the beloved;s name in vain.Seemsat this point that my efforts were all in vain, as none of my photos now reside within this post. What have I don wrong?

gdmoore28'
    aka GeeDeeEmm

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaHappendt?'

GeeDeeEmm
    I can see the pictures of the white sparkle kit. When you first join the forum, i'm pretty sure the moderators need to approve them.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post

This may be the last kit I ever own...
    That's a beautiful kit GDM.. I bet it sounds just as good as it looks.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    I like that set up. How do you like that Reverse Dot on the snare?

User Info Menu

Moved house recently and I got a powered shed out the back all to myself for the drums. Couple pics:

User Info Menu

Great pics drumstix!

Tex

User Info Menu

That's a beautiful set, drumstix! And I love the positioning. Over the last few years, due largely to the internet, drummers have come to appreciate the classic positionings popular since Buddy Rich and other great innovators.

A snare positioned flat in the lap, upper toms positioned low and flat and off to the side to accomodate the ride cymbal low over the side of the bass drum, and the floor tom(s) pulled in close and flat. Cymbals are pulled in as close as possible to the toms and within easy reach. And the visual appeal of cymbals riding flat on their stands is just beautiful. (Cymbals riding flat on their stands was simply a necessity to early drummers because there were no tilters!) This positioning is hard to beat.

The one big variable now is in throne height. I prefer to sit REALLY low so that my thighs are perfectly parallel with the ground. Others like to sit a lot higher. I'm sure many of us here are old enough to remember Dave Clark of the Dave Clark Five and how high he used to sit behind his kit. He reminded me of somebody sitting on a tall stool at a lunch counter! Being the leader and lead singer of the group, I'm sure Clark did this so that he wasn't hidden behind the kit.

GeeDeeEmm

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.6080...5.1&H=96&W=160

User Info Menu

Nice set-up

User Info Menu

Sabian!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HolyChina View Post
    Nice setup! Hardware is beautiful

-Mike

User Info Menu

Very nice.

User Info Menu

[IMG][/IMG]
    Here is my dw Exotic Collectors redwood stump lacquer kit. New in 2011.
    I apologize for the time lapse between joining this forum and getting off my a&& and learning to do this. More to follow. I have to figure out how to put multiple pics on one post.
    Please enjoy and comments, questions....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by noreastbob View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Here is my dw Exotic Collectors redwood stump lacquer kit. New in 2011.
    I apologize for the time lapse between joining this forum and getting off my a&& and learning to do this. More to follow. I have to figure out how to put multiple pics on one post.
    Please enjoy and comments, questions....
    Nice!! Love the finish...

User Info Menu

SWEET!! Congrats man!!

User Info Menu

The redwood stump veneer has a custom reddish brown burst derived via a collaboration between John Goode, Louis in finishing (Damn he's talented) from my description of what I was looking for. I choose the redwood stump because of the beautiful bidirectional wavy figuring and the overall color. Mr Goode had about five veneer samples sent to me that he thought fit the description of what I wanted.
    Yes Virginia....dw is a custom drum builder.[IMG][/IMG]