Page 83 of 546 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerimiah40 View Post
    LOL @ BtD. The important part is that it sounds good, right? :P I got that kit used, so that's what was on it. My first priority was to put some clear pinstripes on the toms, but I actually quite like these, so I might not bother for a while.

As for why my kit's outside, this was right before an outdoor gig I played on Friday.

PB - Good eye on the processor pedal! That's actually my guitarist's, he was just starting to set up. Not sure what you mean by the "ride tom holder" though, sorry.
    Jeremiah, I rehearse on a kit just like that only it is an Ice blue color wrap. I don't own it, but since play on it at band practice I do all of the maintenance on the kit. I have put Remo Ambassadors on it all the way around and they really woke that kit up. I also put an Aquarian Super Kick II on it and the bass drum sounds really good as well. Just some thoughts on what heads that I have found to make the kit sound good.

User Info Menu

I'm not an expert, but I don't think many people would recommend re-wrapping a brand new kit. If they sent you the wrong colour or misled you as to what it was going to be, you should take it back.

User Info Menu

I totally agree HC. Nik, the retailer you got it from usually offers 45 days to evaluate and return if you're unhappy.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

i have to agree with u guys to, and nik it will save u money to send it back and get the right color, then u dont have to rap it
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

nice kits peeps, nice chops nils keep at it.

User Info Menu

My drums
    ---------

I need to get some boom stands :P
    nice kit...just curious, why do you have a bottom new-beat hat as your top hat?

Ludwig Classic Maple Drums (22" x 14", 13" x 9", 16" x 16", 14" x 5")

Zildjian A Armand Cymbals (14" hats, 20" ride, 16" thin crash, 16" medium-thin crash, 10" splash)

Ludwig, Zildjian, Remo, Promark.

User Info Menu

good spot luddy!! Im interested to know too. hows it sound and play as a top and whats on the bottom.......... the top?

User Info Menu

I find that interesting as well, is there a reason for that?

User Info Menu

Once again, it's a used kit. It came with a pair of bottoms, for whatever reason. It sounds good though, I like it more than the Sabian HHX hats that I borrowed from a friend before I got this kit.

User Info Menu

Once again, it's a used kit. It came with a pair of bottoms, for whatever reason. It sounds good though, I like it more than the Sabian HHX hats that I borrowed from a friend before I got this kit.
    well, if it sounds good, thats all that matters. it would seem like it would feel real heavy to me. you know you can buy just a new-beat top if you wanted...

ronnie vannucci w/ the killers uses something strange for hihats, can't remember exactly, something like an 18" break beat ride for one side and an 18" constantinople crash for the other...

Ludwig Classic Maple Drums (22" x 14", 13" x 9", 16" x 16", 14" x 5")

Zildjian A Armand Cymbals (14" hats, 20" ride, 16" thin crash, 16" medium-thin crash, 10" splash)

Ludwig, Zildjian, Remo, Promark.

User Info Menu

pretty cool kit jeramiah, do u like playing outside
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

Luddy - It's actually not that heavy, feeling or sounding.

Justin - Yeah, It's kind of nice sometimes. It's harder to balance the sound outdoors I've found, but it's a much less crowded environment, for sure.

User Info Menu

thats awesome! does anybody come out and watch u ?

User Info Menu

i just wanted to put up random pictures of different sets i played on. is that cool to do here?

a Yamaha set mixed in with my cymbals

as a guest drummer for a Weezer cover band, this is OLD! i don't remember the set or what cymbals, i just asked to play 'Only In Dreams' with them.

my set now.. and yes that's my bassist, dressed as a bear

i think that's enough for now.
    Last edited by ConCoCtionBR; 07-17-2008 at 12:11 AM.
    Taye Go Kit
    Turquoise Birch-Basswood (minus one tom, and add a bunch of cymbals, and that's basically my set)

User Info Menu

not bad conco.
    why is he dressed as a bear? just currious its cool though.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

M Birch Ready To Rock !!

E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

great set!

User Info Menu

Awesome pix, conco, and yes you are required to post pix. No permission needed!

Beautiful kit, John!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

2slow, with the 3 up and 2 down, that set looks like it wraps around into next week!

And yes, ConCoCtion, we LOVE to see more pics! Keep 'em coming any time!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Show Us Your Drums!

ConCocTion, bring 'em on and rock 'em all, man!

2slow, you've outdone yourself, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

concoction, the weezer band kit looks like a bubbinga vaneer pearl masterworks....NICE!!!!

User Info Menu

those m-birch look awesome too 2slow, i cant say enuff how great the intermediate market has gotten in the last few years.

User Info Menu

I would agree funky, between the intermediate and pro level market, the line is becoming more and more blurred. I my opinion the pro level kits are having a harder time trying to justify why someone would pay so much more for so little in actual value difference. Don't get me wrong the pro kits are off the scale but really the intermediate stuff does the job just as well in some cases.

User Info Menu

nice color 2slow

User Info Menu

i hope this works im not sure how to upload these pics