Page 539 of 546 FirstFirst ... 39439489529537538539540541 ... LastLast
Results 13,451 to 13,475 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

The PDP Concepts have the true pitch threads already. I think he’s just swapping from chrome plated to Stainless.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Ah, yes... his Concepts are new... so that sounds correct.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    The PDP Concepts have the true pitch threads already. I think he’s just swapping from chrome plated to Stainless.
    They do come with the true pitch, but they are not stainless and are not the 50 thread count
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

I think "True Pitch" means the finer threads, does it not?

User Info Menu

Yep, the tru-pitch are basically fine thread. I have no clue exactly what the thread count is...other than it’s a finer than standard pitch.
    If the “50” is different, than yes, you’ll need to pull the lugs off and replace the nut inserts with applicable ones.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Yes the DW true pitch tension rods are finer threads than the standard tension rods. However DW has 2 variations of the true pitch tension rods the standard true pitch and the true pitch 50 which is the stainless and a thread count of 50 threads per inch.

User Info Menu

This is my Tama Superstar Classic Maple kit. I've had it a few months but just got everything I think I will need for it. I bought them at a local pawnshop and added the 18" floor tom. This is my first Maple kit and I really like how they sound.

20180423_020608.jpg
    20180423_020635.jpg
    20180423_020651.jpg20180422_213642.jpg
    8pc Tama Superstar Classic Maple
    Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Sweet!!!!!

User Info Menu

Great kit for a pawnshop score!!

User Info Menu

My latest set that I did modifications to. I have a crush on my new Crush!DSC01644.jpgDSC01643.jpgDSC01642.jpg I had to do some things to the snare like cut some snare beds and waxed and wiped the beds down.(Crush waxes all thier bearing edges)Also put 16 instead of 20 strand brass snare wires on it. Now no more snare buzz!Topped it off w/a 3 pos. Trick throw. I had it powder coated gloss white. 20X20/10X7/12X8/16X14ft/13X6.5 snare.
    Last edited by drummerMD; 04-30-2018 at 05:16 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Great kit for a pawnshop score!!
    Thanks. Just got the shell pack minus the 18" floor tom. But they don't have a scratch on them. I was surprised they stayed long in the pawn shop and I almost passed on the deal until they dropped the price for me a few hundred buck. I pretty much stole the kit but made up for it in hardware cymbals and the rack.
    Getting ready to add a side snare to it in a few day. Can't remember the brand but I know it's a 10X6 snare I can mount to my rack.

User Info Menu

My latest set that I did modifications to. I have a crush on my new Crush!DSC01644.jpgDSC01643.jpgDSC01642.jpg I had to do some things to the snare like cut some snare beds and waxed and wiped the beds down.(Crush waxes all thier bearing edges)Also put 16 instead of 20 strand brass wires on it. Now no more snare buzz!Topped it off w/a 3 pos. Trick throw. I had it powder coated gloss white. 20X20/10X7/12X8/16X14ft/13X6.5 snare.
    I’ve always loved the unique finishes on crush sets. I like your hi hat placement. I was thinking about doing that too to bring it in closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Thanks, that's what I had in mind. I had this Pearl remote HI-Hat stand in my closet and decided to put it to use. Here's a pic of the set before I bought it: s-l1600.jpg

User Info Menu

not a big white fan but that crush kit is awesome.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Thanks, that's what I had in mind. I had this Pearl remote HI-Hat stand in my closet and decided to put it to use. Here's a pic of the set before I bought it: s-l1600.jpg
    Nice looking kit. Never was a fan of white but the Crush drums looks awesome in white.

User Info Menu

You could buy the lug inserts in red, yellow, white and black but I didn't want to spend a small fortune on colored inserts so I removed the inserts drum by drum and spray painted them red myself and saved some cash.DSC01626.jpg

User Info Menu

You could buy the lug inserts in red, yellow, white and black but I didn't want to spend a small fortune on colored inserts so I removed the inserts drum by drum and spray painted them red myself and saved some cash.DSC01626.jpg
    Those look nice!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Thanks, Whip! I checked out your pedals . . . . .Awesome! great price. I checked them out on line and you got a good price.
    Last edited by drummerMD; 05-05-2018 at 01:18 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks, Whip! I checked out your pedals . . . . .Awesome! great price. I checked them out one line and you got a good price.
    They are having a big sale this weekend from what the guy who checked me out told me. I couldn't pass them up for that price, for sure.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn76 View Post
    This is my Tama Superstar Classic Maple kit. I've had it a few months but just got everything I think I will need for it. I bought them at a local pawnshop and added the 18" floor tom. This is my first Maple kit and I really like how they sound.

20180423_020608.jpg
    20180423_020635.jpg
    20180423_020651.jpg20180422_213642.jpg
    Those are gorgeous! Nice find for sure!!

User Info Menu

Those are beautiful!

User Info Menu

An older pic of my Star Jr. with my 28" ride in front of it.
    StarJrSabian28.jpg

User Info Menu

Holy moly that ride is AWESOMELY huge!! Love the kit too!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    An older pic of my Star Jr. with my 28" ride in front of it.
    StarJrSabian28.jpg
    Makes it look like that kick is a snare!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Geeze man, you can carry that thing into battle!LOL