Page 480 of 546 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490530 ... LastLast
Results 11,976 to 12,000 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Welcome to Drum Chat Binnieismyname!

Your kit looks nice! I realize it might not be high end, but it's kits like yours that have ignited the passion of a million drummers. I also have to say that I've never seen 3 coils in the bridge position. I assume it's a humbucker & single coil arrangement, right?

BTW, 30 posts is an impressive 2 day total for someone new. Well done!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Eddie, that is a beautiful angle on your kit!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Welcome to Drum Chat Binnieismyname!

Your kit looks nice! I realize it might not be high end, but it's kits like yours that have ignited the passion of a million drummers. I also have to say that I've never seen 3 coils in the bridge position. I assume it's a humbucker & single coil arrangement, right?

BTW, 30 posts is an impressive 2 day total for someone new. Well done!
    Ya i still love my kit about to get new heads for it im either thinking ec2 coated or remo amb coated, and my guitar is one of my favorite instruments one of 600 made got it for 85 dollars its a triple stacked humbucker but they all split up with the switch if i want, no matter how much distortion is on is blarring if im in the bridge position it sounds like an acoustic very crazy guitar.
    And ya i guess i have posted a lot didnt even notice answered a lot of questions for both myself and others.
    Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Binnieismyname View Post
    I can play the keyboard/guitar and drums at the same time with some focus but thats about it. but ya i play anything i can afford to get my hands on.
    At the same time? lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by druski_2k5 View Post
    So I bought an OCDP 4.5x13 Piccolo snare a few weeks ago. It just didn't do anything for me. I couldn't get a distinct sound out of it, my Pork Pie Vented Squeeler sounded way better, it just wasn't what I was looking for.

But last night....I found this beauty. THIS, is what a piccolo snare SHOULD sound like.

A Pearl 3x13 Piccolo snare. This thing is on FIRE! I love it! This will blend well with my Pork Pie, or it's articulate and strong enough to stand alone on it's own.

Time to re-record everything again!! Love this little guy. This is what I've been looking for in a Piccolo. The batter is a Remo Controlled Sound. I'm not familiar with the Controlled Sound head at all, but the drum tech told me it controls a bit of the overtones but still gives you a loud crack.

I'm an Evans guy through and through, but this head sounds perfect for the drum. I will keep it on there for the time being and if I love the sound I keep getting from it, I'll stay loyal to Remo for this drum.

Much happier with this than the OCDP!

Great score! I own the very same drum myself, as well as a Pearl maple piccolo in the same dimensions. I just don't play them often enough, but they sure crack like anything. Have fun with it.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Pearl make the best piccolo snares imo.
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Binnieismyname;586620]my crappy drums but i luv em.

I disagree. CB shells were usually from the same factories that supplied some of the bigger names. As long as those girls are round with sharp, flat bearing edges, they should sound pretty fat. I made a snare from an old CB tom I had laying around, and that shell is in perfect round, from 1972!
    I love that finish. That's a great veneer. Is it original?
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by myk View Post
    At the same time? lol

Ya ill tap or one hand my keyboard and do bass and hihat and snare and accent with my right hand. I'll post a video sometime

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Johnny G;586958]
    Quote Originally Posted by Binnieismyname View Post
    my crappy drums but i luv em.

I disagree. CB shells were usually from the same factories that supplied some of the bigger names. As long as those girls are round with sharp, flat bearing edges, they should sound pretty fat. I made a snare from an old CB tom I had laying around, and that shell is in perfect round, from 1972!
    I love that finish. That's a great veneer. Is it original?
    Ya the finish is original and i have never seen it before.

User Info Menu

Its about time I posted a few pics of my drums, here goes
    Not sure if this worked, but here goes

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=crispycritters;587209]Its about time I posted a few pics of my drums, here goes...

sorry - trying to copy the address but can't find a way to expand it to read the whole URL.

I'll try again when I'm feeling slightly less braindead.
    Last edited by crispycritters; 04-04-2014 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Attempting to link this to photobucket pictures and failiing miserably

User Info Menu

You need to set up a free account with a web hosting site like Photobucket. From there upload for photos and use the tool INSIDE the web host to link the pictures to Drum Chat. If you need further assistance, just ask.

We look forward to seeing your pictures.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    You need to set up a free account with a web hosting site like Photobucket. From there upload for photos and use the tool INSIDE the web host to link the pictures to Drum Chat. If you need further assistance, just ask.

We look forward to seeing your pictures.
    Thanks I've opened an account with photobucket. How to use the tools inside the web host is a mystery to me - I'll look again when I'm feeling a bit fresher.
    New age technology mutter mumble ....

User Info Menu

Finally decided to post a pic of my kit. I don't post much here as I like to soak up all of the info from you all that I can. Kit is the Gretsch Catalina Maple. The boss said I could do some upgrading, so we came home with a new set of custom A's. Came with 14" hats, 16" and 18" crash and a 20" med ride. Still working on where I want to place everything. Looks a little different with 2 rides but I really like the sound of the ping ride I already had.

Thanks for looking

User Info Menu

One more try at posting pictures....
    [IMG]i1155.photobucket.com/11001_zps9d338a74.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]i1155.photobucket.com/13001_zps608e3813.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]i1155.photobucket.com/14001_zpsf78d8ce0c.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]i1155.photobucket.com/15001_zps282b14cf.jpg[/IMG]

If this works - sorry about the blurry phots chaps. I tried to stand on my drum stool to take a birds eye phot. I work and live at sea level and don't like heights.

No - I posted this and I'm obviously doing something stupid. I'll have to wait for my smartypants nephew to visit. He understands this technology voodoo.
    Last edited by crispycritters; 04-04-2014 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Failed attempt

User Info Menu

When you upload them and you go to the links url there is one dedicated to forum's and thats how i did it.

User Info Menu

but maybe, after looking at URLs in old posts, this -
    [IMG]i1155.photobucket.com/albums/11001_zps9d338a74.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]i1155.photobucket.com/albums/13001_zps608e3813.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]i1155.photobucket.com/albums/14001_zpsf78d8ce0c.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]i1155/photobucket.com/albums/15001_zps282b14cf.jpg[/IMG]

here goes...

User Info Menu

URL=http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/DeanP42/media/Drums/IMG_4302a_zps93517d2d.jpg.html][/URL

they look like this. i dont know if this link is alright but here is a tutorial.

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en...king-to-Forums

User Info Menu

While in Photobucket select the picture you want to show. On the right hand side are 4 link selections. Always use the bottom one or Image link. Click in the text area and it should change color and show "copied".

Come back here to DC and open a new thread or a new post. You can simply paste the link into this blank area. Then hit preview to check your success. You should see the picture populate. If that works, click post.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

[/IMG]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dean from Co View Post
    Finally decided to post a pic of my kit. I don't post much here as I like to soak up all of the info from you all that I can. Kit is the Gretsch Catalina Maple. The boss said I could do some upgrading, so we came home with a new set of custom A's. Came with 14" hats, 16" and 18" crash and a 20" med ride. Still working on where I want to place everything. Looks a little different with 2 rides but I really like the sound of the ping ride I already had.

Thanks for looking
    You can't go wrong with Gretsch. Nice cymbal array dude!
    Mapex Saturn 7pc Plus Bass in Transparent Cherry Red
    RTs: 8x7, 10x8, 12x9
    FTs: 14x12, 16x14
    Snare: 14x5.5
    Bass: 22x20

Zildjian Cymbals
    HH: 14" A Mastersounds
    CR1: 16" A Custom Fast Crash
    CR2: 18" A Medium Thin
    Ride: 20" Zanki

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dean from Co View Post

Thanks for looking
    Very nice set up, I have A custom 14 hats,and getting a A custom16 fast crash soon,nice clean sound,nice kit-more pics needed
    Last edited by myk; 04-04-2014 at 07:06 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Still haven't finished the "floor racks"

Drummer for Almondy Brown and Redeemer Church of Lakeland | Session Artist | Private Instructor
    Facebook.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Instagram.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Twitter.com/PerryEarlDrums
    AlmondyBrown.com

User Info Menu

Default Re: Still haven't finished the "floor racks"

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGoRound View Post
    Wild looking, man.