Page 466 of 546 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476516 ... LastLast
Results 11,626 to 11,650 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn76 View Post
    Thanks.Ya I like the Octobans. I wish they would make a 20" floor tom.
    Be sure to watch some of the videos of the new QR on youtube.Todd can really hit the high notes and sing the songs as they were recorded years ago.
    Will do on the videos man. I think Peart uses a 20" tom that he mounts almost sideways, but he calls it his "gong" bass drum I think. Could be wrong.
    Mapex Saturn 7pc Plus Bass in Transparent Cherry Red
    RTs: 8x7, 10x8, 12x9
    FTs: 14x12, 16x14
    Snare: 14x5.5
    Bass: 22x20

Zildjian Cymbals
    HH: 14" A Mastersounds
    CR1: 16" A Custom Fast Crash
    CR2: 18" A Medium Thin
    Ride: 20" Zanki

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    My drums all set up in the house....not nearly as picturesque as the basement of my old place but much nicer climate wise!

Where did you get that sweet bass head printed? I want to get one done with my bands logo (Once we get a real logo) but I wouldn't know where to look as of now. I think it'd be a great thing considering we're releasing an EP soon.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you octopus?

User Info Menu

Check out Evans product, Inked by Evans.

http://www.inkedbyevans.com/

Looks like you can load graphics of your choosing. Pretty cool stuff.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NedgarAllanPoe View Post
    Where did you get that sweet bass head printed? I want to get one done with my bands logo (Once we get a real logo) but I wouldn't know where to look as of now. I think it'd be a great thing considering we're releasing an EP soon.
    You could go the Evans route if you want to spend an arm and a leg. Too pricey for me. I had a buddy who cuts vinyl stickers do it for me. The white is all vinyl. He printed and cut it and I applied it to my existing head. Grand total of 10 bucks and it looks great.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    You could go the Evans route if you want to spend an arm and a leg. Too pricey for me. I had a buddy who cuts vinyl stickers do it for me. The white is all vinyl. He printed and cut it and I applied it to my existing head. Grand total of 10 bucks and it looks great.
    Thanks, that sounds wicked! I'll have to look around to see if anyone does that sort of stuff around here. There's bound to be someone.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you octopus?

User Info Menu

love my Drumcraft drums

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by mickemus66; 09-19-2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Bad link for pictures

User Info Menu

Gotta throw up the non-phone pic of my kit.

User Info Menu

I guess since I'm pretty much done with fixing up these old Maxwins, I can now officially post them as one of my bone-a-fide drum sets...

Im still not really sold on the stain color. I suspect I'll wrap them sometime this winter.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

They look better thsn my 1982 maxwins...
    Ya want another project to experiment with?
    My just sit stacked in a room,,,lookin for a purpose...
    Now im usin da roland,,,,
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Still using what I call my "lazy" setup. When I'm too lazy to set up more than one tom and cymbal

Kits:
    -C&C Player Date 13/16/22
    -65' Ludwig Super Classic 13/16/22

Snares:
    -DW Nickel Over Brass 6.5x14 snare
    -Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 65' Super Classic 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 64' Pioneer 5x14 snare
    -PDP Classic Wood hoop 6x14 snare

Rides:
    -Zildjian 22" Constantinople
    -Zildjian 22" Kerope
    -Zildjian 20" Constantinople
    Hats:
    -17" A Medium crash over K custom dark crash

-DW 9000 pedals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by isaacvining View Post
    Still using what I call my "lazy" setup. When I'm too lazy to set up more than one tom and cymbal

mmm, thats tasty.
    DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth, Remo
    http://www.reverbnation.com/jonpnorris

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PHROGGE View Post
    They look better thsn my 1982 maxwins...
    Ya want another project to experiment with?
    My just sit stacked in a room,,,lookin for a purpose...
    Now im usin da roland,,,,
    Ya know...if I was closer, I probably would. It would be fun to have another set to match. Then, I could set it up as a simple 4pc, a double bass kit, or anything in between. The more I play 'em, the more I'm liking 'em. I know they're just cheap budget level, but they don't sound that bad.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by isaacvining View Post

I'd like to see some more detailed pics. They look very interesting! Mahogany shells?? The large diameter bass drum and single center lugs with extra long tension rods gives me some ideas.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I guess since I'm pretty much done with fixing up these old Maxwins, I can now officially post them as one of my bone-a-fide drum sets...

Im still not really sold on the stain color. I suspect I'll wrap them sometime this winter.
    They look great.

User Info Menu

I like the stain. To my eye, looks like a maple stain. Not too dark or light, not too brown or red.

User Info Menu

First of all...catching up after a few months away from the site and gotta say, there are a lot of really nice kits out there. Can't even begin to mention specific set-ups because there were so many. I went back ten or twelve pages worth of posts with my jaw open the whole time.
    So, here is an update on my stuff.

Finished fixing the Rogers 12x8 snare. Amazing depth and crack combined in the sound of this girl.

Traded my un-used Sonor 14x5.5 maple snare for Pearl 100% mahogany 13x3 piccolo snare.

New heads all around for the kick and toms, including Fibraskyn front head and Powersonic batter head for the kick. Looks classy, sounds fat as hell. With a Kickport, of course.
    Seperated from my wife, so now my kit lives in the living room of my new house (not the garage!), which also serves as a jam space every Sunday afternoon!
    Life is good, all things considered. Just won the DrumOff prelim round last night, so I'll let you know how it goes next week at the store finals. Videos to be posted after that night as well.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Ya know...if I was closer, I probably would. It would be fun to have another set to match. Then, I could set it up as a simple 4pc, a double bass kit, or anything in between. The more I play 'em, the more I'm liking 'em. I know they're just cheap budget level, but they don't sound that bad.
    Oh I love the sound of a little 18x12" Maxwin bass drum that I own and occasionally throw in with a set up or two. It records really well.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G View Post

Traded my un-used Sonor 14x5.5 maple snare for Pearl 100% mahogany 13x3 piccolo snare.

Wooo...now, I've seen the brass version of that piccolo, I own a black painted steel version and a lacquered maple version on that piccolo, and there are the rare red anodised brass versions of that same piccolo model (all these are the same dimensions, 13x3")....but I have never heard of the mahogany version of it. Now that's pretty cool (dunno how rare it is, could be more common than what I know, but it's not in their recent catalogues)....how'd you hear about this one?

User Info Menu

Found it in the local pawn shop and traded him for my maple snare that came with the kit. He knew he was losing money, but I have purchased from him before and stop in a lot to see what he has, so he threw me a deal.
    She is really loud with a great crack. I try to save her for outdoors because the high end is a lot for the other players in a small practice space. But it's 100% mahogany. Flipped over, you can see the dark plies throughout the shell. They were a limited run in the late 90's. Went for $230-$265 new.
    But she's mine now and never leaving.
    Last edited by Johnny G; 09-25-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

User Info Menu

^ Well if it's your first piccolo, you won't be disappointed. Pearl ones have a nice crack to them. I've jammed on someone's Sonor piccolo too, and I can remember the great sound those ones have. Good thing with the wood Pearl ones is that if you detune them down a tiny bit, you'll get a nice 'body' to it but still have that bit of crack. That's what I might occasionally do with the maple one I have, whereas the steel one I just keep at it's high cracking best, that little beast is great for some band situations. Again, with yours being mahogany, it will be a tad different to my maple one, but experiment with it.....I know I would if I had yours!

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=mickemus66;559132]love my Drumcraft drums

[IMG][/IMG]

I also love your Drumcraft kit. Great choice.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G View Post
    Seperated from my wife, so now my kit lives in the living room of my new house (not the garage!), which also serves as a jam space every Sunday afternoon!
    Life is good, all things considered. Just won the DrumOff prelim round last night, so I'll let you know how it goes next week at the store finals. Videos to be posted after that night as well.
    Wow JohnnyG, life sure has changed since the last time you posted up. Congrats on the moving on to the DrumOff finals. I remember you didn't have that warm fuzzy feeling about last years attempt. So, you got yourself new digs eh? Man, that's another major change in your life right? Sunday jams?? I ought drop by sometime. You still living near Chico? Good luck to you if we don't here back from you again for a while!!

User Info Menu

Another couple gig pics of my custom Z.