16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Quote Originally Posted by shabutie2113 View Post
    I want a pool can I have it ?
    awww beaten to it
    Last edited by sheoth; 10-09-2010 at 02:56 PM.
    | Yamaha Stage Custom | Sabian AAX | Dream |

User Info Menu

Greetings DC! New member here. I joined last week but was waiting until I could get a couple of photos of my new kit to post with my introduction before actually saying anything. My name is Paul. New to the forum but not new to percussion and drumming (been playing on and off for almost 40 of my 45 years). I'm getting back in to the hobby after about a 12 year hiatus and loving every minute of being back. I've been playing with a few local musicians (former band members that lost their drummer and lead guitarist). Mostly just hobby at this point but who knows where it will lead. During my break from drumming I of course sold my kit and all my cymbals and find myself coming back new (on a tight budget) but taking it slow (yeah right) but the lack of funds will definitely hold me back. I picked up this kit and brought her home this afternoon. I know that in most forums "without pictures it didn't happen" and "this thread is worthless without pics" so without boring you any further, here's the new kit:

Details are a Mapex Voyager (new model for 2010). Definitely a starter, sort of middle end kit as far has drum shells (wooden) and hardware go but for my needs and budget this will work out just fine. With that disclaimer, the drums sound amazing. The hardware is very well thought out and put together. Heck, even the included cymbals have a great (no kidding) sound to them. The kit comes bundled as a five piece and it also includes a Mapex branded 14" hi-hat and an 18" Mapex branded crash/ride and stand. They also throw in a throne. I bought a dixon double braced stand and found a great deal on a 20" Paiste PST5 Ride for $45.00 (score) to round out the starter set.

Anyway. Thanks for looking. I'm really enjoying the forum as I've been browsing over the last week. Y'all seem like a great, friendly group and I'm looking forward to being able to contribute here.

Paul

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Talon90 View Post

Y'all seem like a great, friendly group...
    That's a nasty rumor that's going around.

Welcome to DrumChat!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    That's a nasty rumor that's going around.

Welcome to DrumChat!
    LOL! Thanks for the welcome Tom.

Paul

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Paul!

Good to know that you're back in the saddle after a 12 year hiatus. Mapex makes some nice kits, so glad to hear you're happy with yours. I look forward to having your input around here.

Again, welcome!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

dave0549jv Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bubingabill View Post

Cymbal Farm!

The kit looks great in the sunlight man! I Think i might take me a few outdoor pics when i get home...

User Info Menu

I love.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Welcome Talon! looks like a great kit to re-start your drumming career!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

User Info Menu

I've updated my kit, so here's a new pic.

L-R Same unknown hi hat, 16" Paiste 302 crash (really nasty crack), Zildjian 18" Oriental Trash Crash (small crack which has turned back towards edge), 17" Paiste Signature Power Crash (odd crack in middle of body), Paiste 302 20" Ride.

Had to move the music stand off to one side, the Oriental is now on the clamp I was using for that, but being a cheapskate I only bought a thin cymbal arm for it, so I have to use an old drumstick to secure it in the 7/8" size clamp! I got a proper boom arm to go on top of the kick drum though.

Mmm cymbals....
    You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dave0549jv View Post
    Cymbal Farm!

The kit looks great in the sunlight man! I Think i might take me a few outdoor pics when i get home...
    Thanks dave,first time outside,maybe next time ill get the "cymbal farm" with less shadows

User Info Menu

This is my new one.

I'm feeling generous today. You may each have ONE drum.
    C&C ll Rogers ll Ludwig ll Slingerland

Istanbul Agop 16" Signature Hats ll 15" 30th Anniversary Hats
    Istanbul Agop 22" Special Edition Jazz Ride ll 22" Trash Hit
    Istanbul Agop 24" Turk Jazz Ride

DW 6000/9000 Hardware ll Aquarian Drumheads ll Roland SPD-SX ll Ableton Live 9

User Info Menu

I would need a full weekend just to figure out what all those pedals work! Bozzio is one crazy player!
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Here are mine, They are a pearl export kit stripped and refinished by myself and a 13x7 pork pie piglite snare. The cymbals are 14' AA rock hats, 20' HHXplosion crash, 22' Meinl Byzance medium ride, 20' Meinl Byzance Thin Jazz ride, and a 17 K china

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotATable View Post
    This is my new one.

I'm feeling generous today. You may each have ONE drum.
    less is not more, only fools would say such a thing

more is more. check the dictionary

User Info Menu

Greetings DC! New member here. I joined last week but was waiting until I could get a couple of photos of my new kit to post with my introduction before actually saying anything. My name is Paul. New to the forum but not new to percussion and drumming (been playing on and off for almost 40 of my 45 years). I'm getting back in to the hobby after about a 12 year hiatus and loving every minute of being back. I've been playing with a few local musicians (former band members that lost their drummer and lead guitarist). Mostly just hobby at this point but who knows where it will lead. During my break from drumming I of course sold my kit and all my cymbals and find myself coming back new (on a tight budget) but taking it slow (yeah right) but the lack of funds will definitely hold me back. I picked up this kit and brought her home this afternoon. I know that in most forums "without pictures it didn't happen" and "this thread is worthless without pics" so without boring you any further, here's the new kit:

Details are a Mapex Voyager (new model for 2010). Definitely a starter, sort of middle end kit as far has drum shells (wooden) and hardware go but for my needs and budget this will work out just fine. With that disclaimer, the drums sound amazing. The hardware is very well thought out and put together. Heck, even the included cymbals have a great (no kidding) sound to them. The kit comes bundled as a five piece and it also includes a Mapex branded 14" hi-hat and an 18" Mapex branded crash/ride and stand. They also throw in a throne. I bought a dixon double braced stand and found a great deal on a 20" Paiste PST5 Ride for $45.00 (score) to round out the starter set.

Anyway. Thanks for looking. I'm really enjoying the forum as I've been browsing over the last week. Y'all seem like a great, friendly group and I'm looking forward to being able to contribute here.

Paul
    Nice kit! I'm a litte confused though. I picked up a Mapex kit last year on clearance...a Mapex QR Voyager with Angel Wing wrapped finish. Now i see this product for 2010 simply called Voyager and it apparently replaced the discontinued Q series. I wonder if they just reused the name or something?

Anyway, mine has an 18" kick drum and fusion size toms. All basswood. Came with 2 boom stands, hi-hat stand, kick pedal, throne, and cheap brass cymbals (worse than the ones you got, which look pretty decent by the way). I've been pretty happy with my kit after getting some good cymbals and new batter heads. I'm just thrown off by the name...Voyager...new for 2010...when I have a QR Voyager from 2008. Weird.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kurtits View Post

Here are mine, They are a pearl export kit stripped and refinished by myself and a 13x7 pork pie piglite snare. The cymbals are 14' AA rock hats, 20' HHXplosion crash, 22' Meinl Byzance medium ride, 20' Meinl Byzance Thin Jazz ride, and a 17 K china
    Welcome to Drum Chat kurtits, and nice refinish on the kit! You've got a really nice setup there!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TPO View Post
    Instructions for loading pictures to DC are in this FAQ article and fairly straightforward.

http://www.drumchat.com/faq.php?faq=...faq_vb3_albums

No photobucket required, although sizes are restricted in DC uploads.
    I thought this was changed to require third party hosts. We were getting slammed with delays to to the number of pics on the server.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    I thought this was changed to require third party hosts. We were getting slammed with delays to to the number of pics on the server.
    The administration is talking about this issue right now. Since the move to the new server, the speed of the site has been much better, so they will let us know what is required to keep it that way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Timactionfigures View Post
    Nice kit! I'm a litte confused though. I picked up a Mapex kit last year on clearance...a Mapex QR Voyager with Angel Wing wrapped finish. Now i see this product for 2010 simply called Voyager and it apparently replaced the discontinued Q series. I wonder if they just reused the name or something?

Anyway, mine has an 18" kick drum and fusion size toms. All basswood. Came with 2 boom stands, hi-hat stand, kick pedal, throne, and cheap brass cymbals (worse than the ones you got, which look pretty decent by the way). I've been pretty happy with my kit after getting some good cymbals and new batter heads. I'm just thrown off by the name...Voyager...new for 2010...when I have a QR Voyager from 2008. Weird.
    You know, I'm not quite sure. I was just going by what I saw in their product catalog that the drum tech at the music store gave me. Here's a scan of the page that the Voyager is pictured on and it said New for 2010 at the top right. I'm new to Mapex so I'm not going to be any help, LOL. This set is Basswood as well and comes with a 12", 13" toms, a 14" snare in the same finish as the kit and a 16" floor tom and a 22" Bass. Maybe they are saying "new" because of the change in configuration. All that plus a high hat stand and 14" pair and a single cymbal stand with 18" crash/ride both in brass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGoodwin View Post
    Welcome Talon! looks like a great kit to re-start your drumming career!
    Thanks for the welcome Alex. I missed this one yesterday. Loving it so far!

Paul

User Info Menu

You know, I'm not quite sure. I was just going by what I saw in their product catalog that the drum tech at the music store gave me. Here's a scan of the page that the Voyager is pictured on and it said New for 2010 at the top right. I'm new to Mapex so I'm not going to be any help, LOL. This set is Basswood as well and comes with a 12", 13" toms, a 14" snare in the same finish as the kit and a 16" floor tom and a 22" Bass. Maybe they are saying "new" because of the change in configuration. All that plus a high hat stand and 14" pair and a single cymbal stand with 18" crash/ride both in brass.

Yeah, looking at that again there are definitely some changes to the configuration I got with my kit. The biggest one being the ITS tom mounts, which mine has, as opposed to being bolted directly into the side of the tom. Mine does NOT have the aux. cymbal holder in the tom bracket however. The only other difference was that I got 2 boom stands instead of straight...and the cymbals are different. Check out this link to see what mine is like if you want...

*Sorry TAF, but the commercial link is prohibited by the Forum Rules, so I gave you the image of the kit instead. - PB*

Some changes for the worse....some for the better....but I will say I feel extremely lucky cuz I got mine on clearance for $349. It's simply stupid how awesome it is for that price!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Timactionfigures View Post
    Yeah, looking at that again there are definitely some changes to the configuration I got with my kit. The biggest one being the ITS tom mounts, which mine has, as opposed to being bolted directly into the side of the tom. Mine does NOT have the aux. cymbal holder in the tom bracket however. The only other difference was that I got 2 boom stands instead of straight...and the cymbals are different. Check out this link to see what mine is like if you want...

Some changes for the worse....some for the better....but I will say I feel extremely lucky cuz I got mine on clearance for $349. It's simply stupid how awesome it is for that price!
    Nice looking kit and a great price! You did good. I paid $539.00 but I felt pretty good about it in supporting the local brick and mortar music store. I got to meet the drum tech, watch him tune my kit and listen to him play them before I took them home. I only got one cymbal stand included with my kit and ended up purchasing my second stand (Dixon) the day I picked them up. I like the Aux cymbal holder and will probably end up using it someday for a small crash. I'm very happy with the look and feel (and sound) of this kit and overall very impressed with Mapex so far. My last kit (many years ago) was a Ludwig Vistalite in red so this is a big departure for me. I'm old enough to be past the mindset of "making it big" and needed something to practice on at home as the group that I play with has a kit that I use while there. If we ever do gig again (they used to play out fairly frequently before the big break-up) I'll have something I can take with me and not worry about damaging the loaner set in transit.