Page 543 of 543 FirstFirst ... 43443493533541542543
Results 13,551 to 13,555 of 13555

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Quote Originally Posted by -bongos- View Post
    That’s insane, and I love it.
    Does that kit see much time out of the house? Looks like it would take forever to set up and tear down. I usually take a condensed version of the drums out to play, but like to have all my toys when I’m home.
    I have a 4 pc Mapex kit I use when I play out. Trying to take this beast would just be exhausting. LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    That’s awesome! How do you like those air splashes?
    The air splashes are great and very punchy. They work well if you are doing quick bass drum accents and you can splash with them. They also work well if you're doing a hi-hat or ride pattern and you want to use a splash as an offbeat or syncopated pattern. It will be interesting to see how they blend with the HHX 8" and 10" splashes. My new HHX cymbals will be here on Tuesday.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iNDiGLo View Post
    The air splashes are great and very punchy. They work well if you are doing quick bass drum accents and you can splash with them. They also work well if you're doing a hi-hat or ride pattern and you want to use a splash as an offbeat or syncopated pattern. It will be interesting to see how they blend with the HHX 8" and 10" splashes. My new HHX cymbals will be here on Tuesday.
    I heard them when mike portnoy demoed them. As a fan of him, I often do that sort of thing. May need to look into them!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I heard them when mike portnoy demoed them. As a fan of him, I often do that sort of thing. May need to look into them!
    If you listen to the Rush song "Manhattan Project" off their Power Windows album in the second verse you can hear Neil do an offbeat kind of thing between the hi-hats and a splash cymbal. That sound reminds me a lot of what the 8" Air Splash sounds like.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iNDiGLo View Post
    Wow! Can't wait to see the entire set under the DW Collectors in Broken Glass.