Page 541 of 546 FirstFirst ... 41441491531539540541542543 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,525 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    I love that pic, I love that angle, I love the lights, I even love that set, but the one thing that sticks out. . . . . .laundry in the bass drum. lol
    Ha Ha!!! I know right? It's a 24" kick and for some reason we were having a bit of trouble getting the right sound that night and stuffing it like that seemed to be the answer. Sound over looks I guess.

User Info Menu

Internal micing. I just started trying that myself. Works great. Plus, keeps the klutzes from kicking the kick drum mic stand. Puts an entirely new twist on kick drums. Not in a good way, I might add. lol
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Internal micing. I just started trying that myself. Works great. Plus, keeps the klutzes from kicking the kick drum mic stand. Puts an entirely new twist on kick drums. Not in a good way, I might add. lol
    Yep, the mic is in there. For some reason we were just having a time of it trying to tame it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Yep, the mic is in there. For some reason we were just having a time of it trying to tame it.
    With tuning only....on the reso, detune (just 1/8th of a turn, if that) the lowest left lug or furthest bottom left lug from the port and if you need more from there go to which ever is closets to 3 o'clock (5 lug), or 2 o'clock (4 lug) and detune the same amount. I try to avoid messing with the batter if you have the desired rebound you want. But if you are still looking for more, repeat on batter.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

JOE

Seven piece vintage Ludwig kit (1971), Sky Blue Pearl, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 22
    Snare drums (all Ludwig): 1971 Supraphonic, 1969 SBP Classic, 1990s Blackrolite, 2012 6.5x 14 Black Magic
    Zildjian Cymbals - 21 ping, 20, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14 HH, 10, 18 China, Wuhan 18 China
    Five piece Sonor All Maple 3005s: 12, 13, 16, 22, 5x 14 snare
    Roland TD4SX
    SPL Birch Bop Kit: 13, 8, 13, 18

User Info Menu

Pics are up in the other thread.

Signature here

User Info Menu

And then there's this.....lol

Signature here

User Info Menu

/\ Now that is a nice kit!!!!

User Info Menu

Wow

User Info Menu

image.jpgHow would you like to set these up for 32 one nighters in a row ? I did in 1977. Plus 4 cymbals and hi hats. Never more again.
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1980 Silver Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1960 Gold Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1968 Champagne Sparkle
    Premier Resonators vintage 70's Polychromatic Red
    Slingerland 60's Vintage. Vintage Sky Blue Pearl
    Slingerland 1972 "Avante" Red
    Camco Chanute vintage. 1973 Silver Sparkle
    Gretsch Catalina Jazz. Blue Pearl
    Sonor Safari. Black Galaxy
    Rogers Londoner V vintage. 1977 Silver Mist
    Rogers Script Badge 9/72 1972 Black Nitro
    Beverley of England 4 piece vintage. Red
    Stewart 1966 Black Diamond Pearl MIJ
    Vintage Paiste 2002
    Vintage Avedis Zildjian

User Info Menu

image.jpg. And now. That was at a jazz gig. I do take out regular size 4 and 5 piece sets sometimes. I actually took those Sonor's to this big music venue one time, you have to haul you stuff up two stair wells, I usually took my jazz Catalina set, and They have old rock bands and all kind of acts there. I think Black Oak Arkansas had just played there, and the house sound guy was like dismayed or something. He was looking at me like, "are you kidding" . I said, "just mic them up and don't worry about it". He had no clue what to do, or how to EQ the Bass drum. I was like, just eq it like you do everyone else. That little 16" X 16" bass drum kicks ***. That set is a little firecracker ! Anyone who owns one can verify it. Looks can be deceiving.
    Last edited by VIbes; 08-31-2018 at 05:21 PM.
    Vintage Paiste 2002
    Vintage Avedis Zildjian

User Info Menu

Yep. Best thing I ever did was convert to my home-made jungle kit (8/13/16). They work for 95% of the gigs we play. Add mic’s and you’re covered for the other 5%. I’ve since gone to a 10/13/18, but the old 16”BD did just fine.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I know! This when I feel energetic, to this being practical.DSC01645.jpgDSC01578.jpg

User Info Menu

image.jpgYep ! N2Bluz, and drummerMD, so drummerMD you know what I mean about how loud that little Sonor set is if you really lay into it. it's a lot easier in these smaller venues or hard load in's just to get in and out as easy as possible. I see several folks on here with some beautiful large set's, and I wonder if they actually perform a lot and haul all that around ? I used to in my twenties, but after that mostly house gigs, but to old and lazy now. I really enjoy playing all my set's, but I only take the larger set's with 24" bass drums to venues I know are easy stage access and plenty of room. I play a lot of jazz so use my Gretsch Jazz set mostly and on my R&B gig with The Ladies of Soul I will use different set's but my easy in and out go to set are my Silver Sparkle Ludwig's which I use a 14"x22" bass 14"x14" floor, 8"x12" up tom, and different snares.
    Last edited by VIbes; 08-31-2018 at 09:00 PM.
    Vintage Paiste 2002
    Vintage Avedis Zildjian

User Info Menu

The sonor Safari's rule!! I've played mine in a large club w/ Marshall amps on each side of me and I was not mic'ed at all and I cut straight through! For this set all you need if you need to be mic'ed is one studio condenser overhead mic and a Beta 52 for the bass drum and that's it!
    Last edited by drummerMD; 08-31-2018 at 09:29 PM.

User Info Menu

My home-made kit and my SPL Bop kit, respectively;
    139E020A-951A-4EB0-8F50-0B43C5DC33BE.jpg
    45B6ED4B-8492-45F5-9358-88F0D0902A7C.jpg
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Hey, Brian is the SPL the brand name? They make the best mini boom cymbal arms! I have 4 or 5 of them and I think they're better than Gibraltar by far! I believe they are out of Thousand Oaks, Ca. I'll be in Simi Valley tomorrow, right next to Thousand Oaks. Those Bops of yours are really cool looking!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VIbes View Post
    image.jpgHow would you like to set these up for 32 one nighters in a row ? I did in 1977. Plus 4 cymbals and hi hats. Never more again.
    Nope. Not even back in the day.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Hey, Brian is the SPL the brand name? They make the best mini boom cymbal arms! I have 4 or 5 of them and I think they're better than Gibraltar by far! I believe they are out of Thousand Oaks, Ca. I'll be in Simi Valley tomorrow, right next to Thousand Oaks. Those Bops of yours are really cool looking!
    SPL is the new name for Sound Percussion....as in the cheap import drums, LOL. These are the “Velocity Street Bop” series, which are Birch/Basswood blended shells. They’re only like $299 brand new. I bought mine used for $100. They sound good and are surprisingly well made for what they are. I’ve gigged them for 2 or 3 years now with no issues.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Thanks 12.22.17, Graduation, drums 014.jpgThanks 12.22.17, Graduation, drums 017.jpg

Haven't posted pics of my current set in a while. In these two I had just cleaned everything getting ready for a gig the next night. Can't carry everything, so I left all the other cymbals and a spare tom at home.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

I added a 14X13 floor tom which I need to strip down and tape off the bearing edges. the newer models have the bare wood inside and my shells are painted matte black inside so I have to match it! lol. I have the Hi-Hat forward from normal position, much easier to play! My Crushies on the rackmount.DSC01797.jpgDSC01807.jpg.

User Info Menu

/\Nice kit

User Info Menu

yeah I'd love to take that Crush out for a test drive

User Info Menu

That is a really nice looking kit

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    Thanks 12.22.17, Graduation, drums 014.jpgThanks 12.22.17, Graduation, drums 017.jpg

Haven't posted pics of my current set in a while. In these two I had just cleaned everything getting ready for a gig the next night. Can't carry everything, so I left all the other cymbals and a spare tom at home.

GeeDeeEmm
    Nice kit! Did you add the leg mounts to the 14in tom and the ride?