Page 530 of 546 FirstFirst ... 30430480520528529530531532540 ... LastLast
Results 13,226 to 13,250 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiCeeAddict View Post
    Just added a few stuff and testing out a new phone cam.
    So cool GuiCeeAddict! Are you going to load up the two curved bars that are in front of the kit with more cymbals? Thanks!

User Info Menu

Haven't shown this. I recently refinished an old MIJ kit to match a new Tama snare and I think it looks pretty good.

[IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

Your thinking would be correct according to my thinking.

Looks good! Especially if the snare is the one you were trying to match.

Now, my next instinctive suggestion, get black hardware for it to match the hoop and add some contrast. Twin post tube lugs, come to mind.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Except I bet he'd spend more on the new hardware than the drums are worth in the first place.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G View Post
    Except I bet he'd spend more on the new hardware than the drums are worth in the first place.
    Yeah, you'd be right there.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Id say just buy a pair of unfinished wood hoops for the bass and stain them a darker shade like Walnut or Mahogany color. Then, switch from the clear to a Fiberskyn front reso. The dark wood hoops would look fantastic, and the Fiberskyn reso would really tie the whole thing together with a vintage vibe.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Let the Concept Maples out to play last weekend. The more I look at the fade finish, the more I like them. I just installed the decal of our new band logo.....looks like I forgot to tighten and tune the reso head. Looks a little loose around the top, LOL. The edge of the drum rug behind the kit is right at the back edge of the trailer. I was a little nervous using the new throne. A couple inches farther back and it's a 36" drop to a concrete curb and several weeks of physical rehab.

Last edited by N2Bluz; 06-27-2016 at 10:02 AM.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Love that band logo - that is so cool!

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Let the Concept Maples out to play last weekend. The more I look at the fade finish, the more I like them. I just installed the decal of our new band logo.....looks like I forgot to tighten and tune the reso head. Looks a little loose around the top, LOL. The edge of the drum rug behind the kit is right at the back edge of the trailer. I was a little nervous using the new throne. A couple inches farther back and it's a 36" drop to a concrete curb and several weeks of physical rehab.

Love the look of the kit Brian and the name of the band is hilarious. Very nicely done!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    Love that band logo - that is so cool!

GeeDeeEmm
    Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Love the look of the kit Brian and the name of the band is hilarious. Very nicely done!
    Thanks guys! I like the logo (made it myself), but I honestly don't care much for our name. Sounds too much like a variety show in Branson, MO. It can make it hard to get bar bookings. I've tried to push our image more toward the "backwoods bootlegger" theme by using our Rat-Rod truck on band posters and billing our music style as "Honka-Billy-Grass" or "Custom Blended".....to try and encompass Blues and Classic rock. On the plus side, people remember the name and we've had it too long to change now.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Looks like the gal riding the corn cob should be on the nose cone of a WWII B-25 bomber.

User Info Menu

Looks like the gal riding the corn cob should be on the nose cone of a WWII B-25 bomber.
    Excellent! That's what I was after...the whole rock-a-billy/early hot rod feel. I tried to blend the classic "pin-up" girl riding a bomb with a country theme. I've had several people ask about band t-shirts with the logo.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Your thinking would be correct according to my thinking.

Looks good! Especially if the snare is the one you were trying to match.

Now, my next instinctive suggestion, get black hardware for it to match the hoop and add some contrast. Twin post tube lugs, come to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Yeah, you'd be right there.
    Id say just buy a pair of unfinished wood hoops for the bass and stain them a darker shade like Walnut or Mahogany color. Then, switch from the clear to a Fiberskyn front reso. The dark wood hoops would look fantastic, and the Fiberskyn reso would really tie the whole thing together with a vintage vibe.
    Thanks for the ideas, guys.

User Info Menu

Hi Late8
    Sorry for the delayed reply. The additional curved bar will most likely hold mic booms. It is, however, temporary as I may use those curved bars for vertical posts in the hopefully not-near future

User Info Menu

I'll be trying something a little different tomorrow. But for now:

Last edited by FlyByNight; 06-30-2016 at 09:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Excellent! That's what I was after...the whole rock-a-billy/early hot rod feel. I tried to blend the classic "pin-up" girl riding a bomb with a country theme.

User Info Menu

Took the Saturns out to play last Saturday for the first time in a couple of years. Man, I had forgotten how heavy those drums are:

User Info Menu

Cool stage, your kit looks great

Mike

User Info Menu

The under-lighting looks wicked. I am so investing in a couple of those.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Looks like you're waiting out a nuke blast in a bomb shelter. Are those lights par 64 LED?

User Info Menu

A recent gig photo of my kit!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NdnDrummer View Post

Nice! The reflection off of the cymbals looks killer.

User Info Menu

Thanks late8! I have a bunch more to share!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NdnDrummer View Post

How do you like the remOs? I'm thinking of getting a set of the rings but I've heard they kill the toms a little too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Are those lights par 64 LED?
    Yup.