Thread: Levon Helm

User Info Menu

Default Levon Helm

In my opinion very underated. I have been listening to alot of The Band as of late. Though he was not very flashy he had alot of style. It is a true shame he is no longer with us

User Info Menu

Default Re: Levon Helm

Im sorry I didnt stick to format here but as of right now I cannot post pictures or attachments . I guess I am still too new.

User Info Menu

It shouldn't be a problem after about 5-10 more posts.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

not only one of the best drummers, but the best voices. he had a style of his own with both. one of my all time favorites.

User Info Menu

His groove was absolutely unbelievable. In my opinion, one of the greatest drummers that ever was. His ballad playing is also to die for. He was not just a drummer, but a musician. One that listened to the song and played for the song, and at the same time had such a unique and authentic style. He was one of the greatest.

User Info Menu

Listen to Rock Of Ages specifically "The Night The Drove Old Dixie Down". He sings it like everything in that song is happening to him right at that very moment. He never lost his feel even on his last two studio albums Dirt Farmer and Electric Dirt. I dont know how to explain it except to say that his playing and singing just speak to me deeper than alot of other things I have heard.