Thread: These Pedals Are EPIC!

User Info Menu

Default These Pedals Are EPIC!

Tried these pedals out at AUDW, they were awesome, great control on the larger foot-pads and the smalled ones allowed for easier faster playing because it was slightly lighter (And all drummers know that makes a difference.) .

http://www.sleishman.com/html/news/index.html

User Info Menu

I've seen these before. Pretty wild looking. I don't know if I could get used to having my hi hat foot that far away though.

drums-rock Guest

wow those pedals are a beaute :P

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I've seen these before. Pretty wild looking. I don't know if I could get used to having my hi hat foot that far away though.
    your hi hat is closer than that to your kick? where do you put your snare stand?
    ive seen something like it advetised in modern drummer. it seems like a good idea. i think it might feel weird and take some getting used to. just like someone going from 2 kicks to a double pedal. i never liked the feel of the slave pedal on a dbl kick pedal (any pedal, any setting). its just not the same as feeling the head on a main kick pedal, and this is pretty much having two slaves.
    and not really important. but i have to say that that companies design is pretty ugly.

User Info Menu

I'm out. You get the best technique by having your right foot directly in front of the kick not on an angle.

User Info Menu

i agree, but then i have to think about terry bozzio and his crazy pedal setup.

User Info Menu

that is a cool looking design. given that it looks really uncomfortable to play. i'm sure it would take some getting used to. but it looks like two slave pedals to me and i feel slave pedals are slower in response. who knows they might have found a way to make it work?

User Info Menu

I think the idea is that you get the position and playability of having two seperate kicks, but with only one kick. So essentially you would feel like your playing a double kick kit, when in fact your only playing a single kick kit. Good idea, although, I don't know if I like the way it looks - the big sweeping arms and that - kinda ugly - but if it is good functionaly, doesn't really mater what it looks like does it? And you wouldn't really know if you like the feel unless you played it. So i'll reserve judgement on that until I get the opportinuty to actually try it out.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Have some respect for the innovator of the double pedal. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Although, a lot of good points have been made. Is there a better quality picture than that though? I'd really like to see some of the finer details. Although, I guess they're keeping it under wraps until they release the pedals.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

That looks weird. But weird is normally good. Its always good to get away from standards to find things that feel better
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58 View Post
    Have some respect for the innovator of the double pedal. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Although, a lot of good points have been made. Is there a better quality picture than that though? I'd really like to see some of the finer details. Although, I guess they're keeping it under wraps until they release the pedals.

HB58
    I would have bought some at AUDW but I had no money :(.

Also to the people who think that it's like playing two slave pedals, I've tried it out and because of the extra foot board it is like having a double pedal set-up (Meaning that you get fast responses from both pedals and not a slow one on both.)
    Last edited by Roger; 08-01-2007 at 09:03 AM.

User Info Menu

they look weird, but id like to own some