Thread: Getting frustrated with hand technique...

User Info Menu

Default Getting frustrated with hand technique...

So lately I have been practicing Samba...Mainly the one from groove essentials and I cannot seem to use the finger technique while putting accents on the ands while playing constant 16ths notes with one hand.

I need help with trying to do this as I really need to get this fast and also play it for a long time...

What advice do you have for developing the finger technique and hitting the accents on the upbeats comfortably...

User Info Menu

Default Re: Getting frustrated with hand technique...

Quote Originally Posted by One-Beat-At-A-Time- View Post
    So lately I have been practicing Samba...Mainly the one from groove essentials and I cannot seem to use the finger technique while putting accents on the ands while playing constant 16ths notes with one hand.

I need help with trying to do this as I really need to get this fast and also play it for a long time...

What advice do you have for developing the finger technique and hitting the accents on the upbeats comfortably...

The only advice is the advice that covers 90% of the technique questions asked on any musical forum: PRACTICE.

User Info Menu

But what do i practice...?

User Info Menu

rudiments

User Info Menu

pm me
    DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth, Remo
    http://www.reverbnation.com/jonpnorris

User Info Menu

Lots of practice at slow relaxed tempos where you can be accurate with your time and movements over long periods of time before increasing the tempo.

User Info Menu

Canberra is right .What you should being doing is starting slowly , and setting the accent up with an up stroke on the 'e' of the count - the preceding note - and coming down on the 'and' for the accent , with the accent coming as a result of the wrist and arm motion rather than the fingers .

User Info Menu

Practice on a pillow.