0 0%
  • Slingerland

0 0%
  • Other

1 14.29%

Thread: Taylor Hawkins

User Info Menu

Default Taylor Hawkins

Anyone else hear that Taylor Hawkins left Tama for Gretsch?

he has played DW, and Orange County too before i think, what do you all think of his latest move?
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

I dont understand the question?

User Info Menu

What are your views on Taylor Hawkins moving to Gretsch from Tama? How do you compare the 2 companies, would you have done the same if you were Taylor?

The Poll is only fun, just choose your favourite Manufacturer!
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

Personally, I don't think much about the pros who move from company to company. To me, that's just a matter of the pro getting the best deal possible. Now if a pro stays with one company, then I will probably consider that more carefully, but also with the realization that it might still be about the best possible deal for the pro drummer.

After all, if someone gives me a drum kit to play, and then takes good care of my needs through the years, they just might have my loyalty whether I think their kits are the absolute best, or even slightly less than the best. A pro could make even the "slightly less" sound great.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Damn, for a moment there I thought you were talking about Jennifer Hawkins, the Australian who won the Miss Universe contest.

Oh well, while I'm here I might as well add my two cents. I'm pretty much in agreement with pastor_bob. Pro's really only move companies to attract a better deal for themselves. However I think that if you move around too much it's a dis-incentive for companies to want to sign you.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?