Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: drumming and back pain

User Info Menu

Default Re: drumming and back pain

I am 2 1/2 inches shorter than I used to be. 8 compression fractures between the shoulder blades. Also have had over 30 breaks in my both legs, couple times for both arms, right shoulder, scapula, a few ribs, my nose, toes and fingers, hmmmmm, think that is all.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by signia fan View Post
    I am 2 1/2 inches shorter than I used to be. 8 compression fractures between the shoulder blades. Also have had over 30 breaks in my both legs, couple times for both arms, right shoulder, scapula, a few ribs, my nose, toes and fingers, hmmmmm, think that is all.
    Otherwise okay?

User Info Menu

Anything that you DIDN'T break?

User Info Menu

Wow sf! I hope all that didn't happen at one time.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

are you Evel Knievel?

User Info Menu

Sf you know now we gotta hear how all that happened after putting it out there. Amazing your drumming.

User Info Menu

My wife remembers pushing me up to the stage in a wheelchair. That was a roofing accident and the worst episode. A faulty carabiner (my fault for trusting it) sent me off the peak of a 10/12 roof, was going top speed by the time I went over the edge and continued another 36 feet into -22 degree ground and debris. That did my legs in, as well as shoulder wrist nose and my teeth exiting a hole in my chin. I then called 911 and directed the fire trucks to find me before shock set in. 24 hours in surgery first day, and another 12 hours a day later, blood transfusions etc. Life altering.
    Then a 160 km/hr bike crash on the track did my back in, knee and scapula. Then there were several dirt bike and street bike crashes over the years. I am taking it much slower now, I cant take anymore incidents. Having no fear can be hazourdous.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

That's lot to live through! T he rehab must of been tough. Glad your'e still with us and even drumming.

Bikes don't offer much protection there man. I does appear that most riders I've known are missing that fear factor, plus some toes, fingers or..?