Thread: pastor bob!

User Info Menu

Default pastor bob!

im so curious as to what your drums sound like, can you send me an audio. even hitting all the drums and cymbals is good enough for me . i love the way the look, i wanna see if they sound the same way

User Info Menu

Wow. I'd have to figure out how to do justice to the sound of the drums. As a beginner, I don't have microphones , but I'll see what i can do.

If anyone has any suggestions about how I could do this, please feel free to offer your suggestions.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Goto your local music store. Take your kit. Just pay for half hour recording time. That should be enough for a set up and messa round. Really good quality to show tha sound and shouldnt be more than 20$. (Most music stores do recording rooms too)
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

while not a EQed studio recording sound, a decent camcorder mic is pretty true to life.

User Info Menu

Agree'd we use to use them on demoing our songs
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

i dont know about making a demo with it, but definatly flat enuff to get a real idea of what an unmic'ed unEQed drum kit will sound like.

User Info Menu

by demo i think of things that we do for ourselves to hear
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Thanks, I'll see if I can borrow a digital camcorder from someone at the church. Lafirin, it may take me a few days, or possibly even weeks, depending on when I head to California to be with my daughter. She let me know that her baby is due to be delivered on Friday. If she does not deliver on her own before then, they will induce delivery on Friday morning. I am going to be busy booking a flight in the next few days.

Have I mentioned I am going to be a grandad?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Nope!
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Thanks, I'll see if I can borrow a digital camcorder from someone at the church. Lafirin, it may take me a few days, or possibly even weeks, depending on when I head to California to be with my daughter. She let me know that her baby is due to be delivered on Friday. If she does not deliver on her own before then, they will induce delivery on Friday morning. I am going to be busy booking a flight in the next few days.

WOW! Congratulations! Being a granddad is like being a dad without the responsabilities! Great!

User Info Menu

better get that camcorder BEFORE you go to ca. we will want to see the new little 3rd generation drummer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w View Post
    by demo i think of things that we do for ourselves to hear
    ah ha, i get it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post

What could be a better gift to the young one other than ............ a pair of DRUMSTICKS!!!! Congratulations and enjoy the occasion.

User Info Menu

i can wait pastor bob, wow i didnt think we'd get this much response. i guess everyone is eager to listen to your drums you did not mention you were gonna be a grand dad! congratz man!!, i hope all goes well!