Thread: drum heads again!

User Info Menu

Default drum heads again!

alright, funky suggested some e c2's to me and the comments from other people sound convincing. so im wondering, if i mix different brand skins will the drum set sound so off, or could i put a super kick on my bass drum and e c2 on toms, and some other brand on my snare??

User Info Menu

It all depends on what the sound you want to create is. I had a Superkick on my bass, Remo Weatherking on my snare, and coated EC2's on my toms. Not a bad mix.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

naw, it wont sound bad as long as you use the same on all toms. i use evans g1s on my snare and toms and a superkick1 with a remo fibreskyn reso on my kick. if you want all evans the emad is very comparable to the superkick.
    Last edited by funkymcstain; 07-31-2007 at 12:33 AM.

User Info Menu

alright, whats the difference between super kick 1 and 2? also if I get e c2's with the super kick what kind of snare would you suggest.. i have no clue what skins to buy, im really not up-to date with the best

User Info Menu

superkick1 is one ply superkick2 is 2 ply. that ec reverse dot snare head would work well with those tom heads and your snare drum.

User Info Menu

hmm okay ill look into that, ec 2 tom heads, super kick I OR II and a es dot snare, the 2 play super kick just gives a deeper, 'thump', right?