Thread: Camco

User Info Menu

Default Camco

I was looking at a camco drum set and I don't really know much of anything about their actually drums but I do know they made nice pedals and tama and dw bought them out, but does anyone know how good overall their kits where?

User Info Menu

what year? camco was a respected company in the 60s and 70s. bought out by tama in the 80s. i had a camco kit made by tama. i bought it in 1988 and used it till the late 90s. that poor kit went thru hell. what is left of it now belongs to my neice. it was practically the same kit as the 80s rockstars with the composite wood shells, only with camco by tama badges. i also had a pair of camco pedals (same design as older dw5000s). they were the shiz back then.
    the older 60s camco kits are fairly big in the vintage market these days.

User Info Menu

I don't know the year the guy said it was custom and that it has 6 ply maple keller shells

User Info Menu

custom CAMCO? i wonder if someone bought the name or something.

User Info Menu

for the heck of it i did a little research on camco. i knew a little about them, but learned alot. for instance, for 2 years 71-73 (i was born in 73) camco drums were manufactured in chanute kansas, where my dad was born.
    i found out that camco did use keller shells. between the turret lugs and the keller shells, what you have is essentially is an oldschool dw kit.
    heres a 70s camco....look familiar?
    http://www.camcodrummer.com/lasetmg1.htm
    i would rock that in a second.

User Info Menu

Dude, I suddenly feel old. I graduated from high school in '73!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

i cant make you feel as old as some of the folks here. some of em make ME feel old.

User Info Menu

Amen, brother!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Awesome, thanks for the info. funky.