Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Gretsch '57 Renown MotorCity Black

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gretsch '57 Renown MotorCity Black

Last edited by late8; 10-23-2014 at 06:31 PM.

User Info Menu

Nice. You know what you need? An old style gas station type shirt with your name embroidered on a patch in the front and some patches on the arms (STP, Pennsoil, etc...). I'm dead serious!

User Info Menu

Lookin' killah, Rich.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I agree Rich she sure is a beauty with all that chrome shining. Love the kick port and the logo head. Man, I am jealous lol

User Info Menu

Congrates Rich you deserve it. Nice looking set . So glad you didn't get the blue set. Don't really see much in this color. Rock on
    So whats so wrong with laughing. Some need to learn to laugh

User Info Menu

Rich, are the china and crash that are on the end of the rack way behind you? They look like they'd be tough to reach in that overhead shot.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Rich, are the china and crash that are on the end of the rack way behind you? They look like they'd be tough to reach in that overhead shot.
    Both are right off to the side of me. I can reach the 14" next to the ride as I roll off the 16" tom and I lead with my left hand to hit the 14" china next to the hats. The point and shoot camera lens give it a fish eye look making gaps look wider than they really are.

Last edited by late8; 10-24-2014 at 11:35 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    Nice. You know what you need? An old style gas station type shirt with your name embroidered on a patch in the front and some patches on the arms (STP, Pennsoil, etc...). I'm dead serious!
    Maybe a bowling shirt with matching bowling shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Lookin' killah, Rich.
    Thanks Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I agree Rich she sure is a beauty with all that chrome shining. Love the kick port and the logo head. Man, I am jealous lol
    Thanks Gilles! Your Pearl MCX has an awesome finish and great warranty! I'm the one that's jealous lol!!
    Quote Originally Posted by not him View Post
    Congrates Rich you deserve it. Nice looking set . So glad you didn't get the blue set. Don't really see much in this color. Rock on
    Thanks Larry!! Choosing the right color for this theme was hard. The light blue kit that first came out looked like an vintage car right off the bat and you can see where Gretsch was going with this idea. The red kit looked really good too but my local dealer wouldn't order anymore Gretsch '57 kits until the ones they had on the floor moved. By the time I pulled the trigger, retailers were blowing these kits out the door in anticipation of the production ending and the black and white kit was the only one left in stock at the store. I didn't get the blow out deal but didn't pay what most stores were asking. A limited runs was a wise move on Gretsch's part. The matching snare and throne was enough for me to get over the rather "in your face" look of the MotorCity theme.

In my opinion, the drum kit has such a visual presence on stage, the finish and layout often presents who the drummer is seated on the throne. I feel a kit's look is an extension of the drummer playing it. With hands and arms swinging and cymbals rocking, it's no wonder the drummer is the easiest and the most fun to watch. If I were to play a formal gig like a wedding, a black and white finish could match well with me in a tux?

User Info Menu

Looks a lot better with the chrome kick port. . . . .Looks great!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Looks a lot better with the chrome kick port. . . . .Looks great!
    Thanks for the great idea!!

User Info Menu

Having the luxury of being a USA snob most of my life, I have to confess I like the looks of this kit a lot.
    Renowns sound great and when you put that Ludwig BB snare up there, it really is cool.
    Nice job, Rich.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Having the luxury of being a USA snob most of my life, I have to confess I like the looks of this kit a lot.
    Renowns sound great and when you put that Ludwig BB snare up there, it really is cool.
    Nice job, Rich.
    Thanks Ricardo! I appreciate the comments!!

User Info Menu

Last edited by late8; 11-03-2014 at 09:25 AM.

User Info Menu

See, the black goes with anything! So classy. The MC blue might not have looked as nice on that stage. The red might have been like wearing a green shirt on a green screen set lol...

User Info Menu

See, the black goes with anything! So classy. The MC blue might not have looked as nice on that stage. The red might have been like wearing a green shirt on a green screen set lol...
    You're absolutely right xsabers!!

User Info Menu

Good point.

Looks great, Rich. Except maybe you need a big ole' drum riser!!! Ha.

User Info Menu

Good point.

Wait, I thought that WAS the drum riser in the pic....

User Info Menu

Good point.

lol!! Thanks Mark.

User Info Menu

Those pictures are killer. Why did you let the others put their gear up there, too?

"Dude, get off my stage."
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Wait, I thought that WAS the drum riser in the pic....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Those pictures are killer. Why did you let the others put their gear up there, too?

"Dude, get off my stage."
    Mark, I love the way you drummers think!!