Thread: Need a recommendation please.

User Info Menu

Default Need a recommendation please.

Hi all,

About 2 years ago I was forced to sell my acoustic set. /cry

I want to get back into drumming, but need to go electronic this time. I have somewhere around $1,000ish to spend and really need some guidance as to getting the most for my money. I know it's not 10k, but it's a start.

Any help pointing me in the right direction is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Ludwig Accent CS Custom - black lacquer baby
    - Paiste PST 5 HH
    - Paiste Alpha 20" power ride
    - Paiste 502 16" crash
    - Roc n Soc Lunar drum throne w/backrest
    Started drumming around middle of October 2009 (technically Nov 2009 after moving). Love Drum Chat!
    Paiste Posse

User Info Menu

Default Re: Need a recommendation please.

Alesis and Yamaha have the most choices in your price range. Roland has a decent kit for about $999 but that doesnt leave much room for new sticks, pedals, thrones, depending on what you already have. The DM10 offers the most BANG for the money at about $800 and having 6 drums, hi-hat, and 3 cymbals. Yamaha has a DTX450 kit for $700 that has 5 drums, hi-hat, 2 cymbals and has an easier interface to use. More of a "get on it" kit. The DM10 takes a good deal of time adjusting the settings to be right on, but then again you really get to know your equipment having to search the manual for everything until you get the hang of it.. The Roland is probably the best kits around, and the saying less is more is very true with them. You get less features, but the features you do get are down right amazing.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Need a recommendation please.

Roland+Craigslist=value